five

It had been a while since Blue Diamond had first taken you in as her own personal human. You were now a nine year-old child, and, might I add, quite a handful for the Homeworld gems.

Lately, Blue and Yellow Diamond looked very upset. Mostly Blue, but she was always upset. Yellow seemed more upset when Blue would talk about 'Rose Quartz' and 'shattering' and 'Pink Diamond'. You didn't fully understand it all, but you tried your best to comfort your mother figure.

Blue and Yellow Diamond told you that they were going to be busy during a trial of sorts, but you didn't know what that meant. All you knew was this upset the Diamonds.

During this trial, you decided to follow the Diamonds, landing yourself in a place with bright blue, yellow, pink, and white flooring. You noticed Blue and Yellow Diamond sitting in thrones up ahead, so you happily hurried over.

The Diamonds didn't notice you there, but the gems on the floor sure did. They gave you nervous looks. You recognized the two gems as Yellow and Blue Zircon-- you'd met them before. But then there were two other... humans?

One of them was a short, chubby boy with curly, dark hair and a salmon-pink shirt with a star on the chest. A taller human sat on the ground with a bubble covering his head. You were confused at what was happening.

You didn't have time to ponder it, though, because you heard Yellow Diamond gasp. You looked up at her to see her staring down at you with wide eyes. She leaned down to be closer to you and spoke, "(Y/N), what are doing here?!"

"I wanted to see what you guys were doing!" you replied, turning your head to face the short, human boy. He tilted his head at you, an eyebrow raised.

"(Y/N), you are not supposed to be here!" Yellow growled, anger evident on her face. Though others would surely be terrified at this, you were not even fazed by it. Yellow Diamond was always angry.

"Get out of here," Yellow ordered, pointing to where you'd entered. You crossed your arms and held your head high, "No." Yellow narrowed her eyes, opening her mouth to speak, but Blue interrupted her.

"Yellow, just leave them be." The blue gem gave her a pleading, sad look. Yellow sighed and sat up, her arms crossed. She could never resist Blue.

"Fine."

The trial continued. You listened intently to the argument, finding Blue Zircon's statements to be rather interesting. She finally pointed to the Diamonds in accusation, saying that she believed that one of the Diamonds was responsible for Pink Diamond's shattering.

You gasped along with Blue Diamond. How could this gem accuse your Diamonds of shattering one of their own?! In a way, it did make sense, though...

Yellow got angry and poofed both of the Zircons. You watched in horror, terrified of the abilities of the Diamond that you didn't even know existed until now.

While in a state of shock, you didn't even notice the shorter human boy grabbing your wrist and pulling you to Blue Diamond's palanquin. Once you realized what was happening, it was too late to run away.

The palanquin scurried away with you and your captors in it. You instinctively grabbed onto the human boy for stability. The palanquin was rocking back and forth, and the boy could barely control it.

The palanquin crashed, completely destroying it. The boy somehow made a giant, pink bubble around you and the other human, keeping you safe from the rubble that probably would've crushed you otherwise.

Once the bubble was gone, you processed what was going on. You shook your head as you followed the other two humans.

"Why- why'd you do that?!" you shouted. The shorter boy furrowed his eyebrows, "Why'd I do what?" You clenched your fists at your sides and glared at him.

"Why'd you take me here?! Why didn't you leave me?!" you asked loudly, wondering how you were ever going to get back. The taller boy now spoke, "Those tall ladies... you weren't afraid of them? You're not, like, their human servant or something?"

"No! Those 'tall ladies' are my family! How am I gonna get back?!" you cried, pressing the palms of your hands to the sides of your head.

No one had the chance to answer, because suddenly, a floating robot appeared. The younger human shouted, "They found us!" You began to run in fear, but the other two stopped.

The older boy suggested that maybe if you all stood perfectly still that the robonoids would overlook you. It scanned down the three of you, ignoring you and the older one, Lars, until it landed on the shorter one, Steven's, gem.

It shot at Steven, but he pulled you and Lars out of the way. You began to run with him as he dragged Lars away to a temporary safe place. As Lars and Steven argued, a voice cut through their voices, "Quickly, down here!"

You looked down to see a hand shooting up from a whole in the ground, motioning for you and your fellow humans to come down with it.

---

Whoops, sorry this is pretty short. You'll meet the Off Colors in the next chapter, and learn a thing or two about the bad side of your parental figures in the process...

I finally managed to update this! I have ideas for the next few chapters now, so I think I'm set for a little bit. If anyone still has any ideas about what could happen in this book, I'd love to hear from you!

I hope you guys enjoyed this terrible chapter.

Ily all!

- Aehlyn ♡