Save Me (PART 2)

(NICKI'S POV, 3 DAYS LATER, TIME UNKNOWN)

I sat on the cold floor in our dark cell. Thinking about my horrible life. I crawled over to Safaree and shook him. "Faree, wake up." I whispered. Safaree and I have been really sick lately, although we've only been here for 4 days. Since then, I haven't eaten.

Safaree and I have been saving our small amount of food for Jordyn. Just last week, I thought everything was normal. Now here I am, on the other side of the country with this lunatic man, my husband, and my daughter.

Safaree hasn't been talking much, well none of us have spoken In a while. The only thing Jordyn says is "I'm hungry" and "I'm bored". All Safaree says is "I love you." Kind of depressing. but I got used to it. Every time Wayne opens the door to give us food, I have to hold Safaree back. I swear he's gonna get us killed.

"Bitch, get up." Wayne said and opened the door. Luckily Safaree was still asleep. I quickly jumped up and walked over to him.  "yes." I mumbled. He slapped me to the ground. "I told you to call me sir!!!" he yelled, making Jordyn cry. "Shut up hoe!" he yelled to her. Safaree woke up, and bolted at him. "Call her that again!" he yelled and pushed him up against the cement wall, then smashed his head in with a brick.

"Safaree you're gonna regret that!" I warned him. "Too bad. He went to far." he said. "Come on." he said and opened the door wider. "Where?" I asked. "Home" he answered, gesturing out the door. "Safaree, have you forgotten we're in New York? Where are we gonna go?" I asked. He thought for a while. "Doesn't your cousin live here?" he asked me.

"Um, she died." I mumbled. "Oh, sorry, how about......how about your old house! Didn't your mom give that to you in her will?" he asked. "Yea! But that's all the way in Queens..." I said. "We'll cross that bridge when we get there.. look, do you want to die in here??" he yelled. I shook my head no. "Then get Jordyn, and lets go before one of Wayne's assistants finds us!"  He yelled.

I took one last look out the window, and picked Jordyn up. I slowly walked ou the door, and took a look around. When I tell you the stench was real... Dead bodies, sketetons, dead animals, EVERYWHERE. I covered Jordyn's eyes and nose as we ran out. When we got out of the mass murder house, and I felt a rush of New York breeze. The building seemed to be out in the middle of nowhere, which was unusual for new York.

We walked for about 10 minutes, then stopped on a park bench. "Mommy, can I have candy?" Jordyn asked. "Baby I don't have any money." I whispered.

"why?"

"Because I don't"

"Why?"

"Because if you ask why again then I'm gonna WHY you in the face!" I whisper screamed. new Yorker's around us gave me dirty looks.

I caught a cab and we jumped in. "Where to?" he asked. "Queens." I said quickly.

When we got there, he asked for the money. "Um, about that, *laughs* bye!!" I said and we quickly jumped out of the car and ran. When the cab was out of sight, I found a pay phone. I found like 40 cents on the ground and dialed Jelani's Number.

"Nicki? Is that you?"

Yea, I need you to pick me up."

"Nicki you Jordyn and safaree have been missing for 4 days! where have you been?"

"Long story, I need you to pick me up."

"Where?"

"Um, Queens, New York."

"What the hell? Why are you guys in New York?"

"Again, long story, are you coming or not?"

"Yea i'll be there in about 2 days."

"Two days? We're stranded out on the other side of the country and your not coming until two days?"

he hung up. "I hate him!" I yelled and walked back. "Do you still remember where your old house is?" Safaree asked. I thought. "...Of course I do, lets go." I said grabbing Jordyn's hand.

When we got there, I couldn't believe my eyes. I ran to the doorstep and back a billion times. "Safaree can you believe this?? It's just like old times!" I screamed with joy. he nodded. "Cheer up Faree! You got us away from Wayne!" I said coming down the creaky steps once again. "Wayne took away a lot from us, freedom, money, time, happiness, he KIDNAPED us. And you're just gonna forget it?" he yelled with his hands up.

"Safaree....... life goes on. Now do you want to sleep outside or will you forgive and forget?" I said

I found the spare key under the mat and went inside.  I was brought to tears. I stood in the middle of the empty house looking around and wiping my tears. "Look at this, Faree." I said walking up to my old room. He mumbled something that I couldn't hear.

I rolled my eyes. I saw the attic door and went up. Every thing was still here. Huh?? Safaree followed me up and found an air mattress. I found my old baby bed for Jordyn. "Where are we?" Jordyn asked.

I knelt down. "This is where mommy grew up." I told her. "My arm hurts." She said. "Why?" I asked. "That mean man hit me." she said. "What!?" Safaree said, turning around. "He hit me. It hurts bad." she repeated. "safaree, go to the store and get some food and water and things we'll need." I told him and pulled a 100 out of my bra. "Eeeewwwaaa" he laughed jokingly.

"I'll be back soon." he said and left. "I'm bored." Jordyn said. I went back up to the attic and came back with Barbies, board games, and other toys.

"Yaaay!" Jordyn said and sat down on the carpet. When safaree came back, he had 4 bags in his hands. I helped him with them and sat them on the counter. "We're only gonna be here for 2 days Safaree ...damn." I said, looking though the bags. Cereal, milk, bottled water, fruit, snacks, toothbrushes, soap, and even clothes and shoes for Jordyn. "Clothes?" I asked. "yea, my daughter ain't gon be anything but fresh." he said and I laughed. We started digging in to the food safaree brought.

I looked out the window and saw the police pull up. "Um, Safaree....we have a situation." I warned. He walked over to the window and peeked out. "Shit, who snitched??" he said. "You in Jordyn go to the basement, i'll handle this." he said and opened the door.

"But if they find out you've been to jail.....then you could go back." I said and started walking down the steps. "I got this Onika. I love you." He said and walked out of the door. "I love you too....." I said but he was already gone.

___________________________________________________________________--

HAHA cliff hanger,,,, well sort of...

IM MAD ASF BUT BYEEE BARBZZZZZ