June's Crush (Part 2)💗

June's P.O.V.

4:15 pm, Y/N and I are already preparing our ingredients and materials.

"Hey, Y/N, can you preheat the oven at 350°?" I asked her while placing the bowls on the table.

"Sure, hang on a sec," she said, turning the oven's knob on. "So, what are we making?"

"Chocolate cupcakes. I'm a pro in baking those." I chuckled.

"And then you're gonna give them to Lance?" She asked while smirking.

"Y- yeah. I think he still likes me, actually."

"What do you mean 'still likes you'?" She asked, doing the quotation mark gesture with her fingers.

"5 or 6 years ago, before you, Lance is my only best friend. And one day, he promised me that when we're older, he's gonna be my--"

"Boyfriend?" Y/N finished.

I nodded. "We even exchange rings to seal that promise."

She shook her head as she sprayed the non- stick spray on the cupcake molder. "But how do you know he still likes you? I'm not saying that it's a bad thing, June. I'm just asking."

"I told you, he gave me a ring. And besides, when I bumped into him in the cafeteria a while ago, I saw his necklace with my ring as its pendant."

"Oh. So you're really into this guy, huh?" She chuckled while placing silicon wrappers on a tray.

"He's not just 'some guy', Y/N! He'll be my prince, I can feel it!" I laughed.

"Ookaay... if that's what you said..." Y/N's voice trailed off.

A question popped in my head as a mix the cupcake batter. "I already told you who my 'prince' is, so... who's yours?" I asked without looking at her.

"I... uh..."

I can't see her face, but I can tell she's blushing.

"I still don't know, alright?" She sighed deeply.

"What do you mean you don't know? There are A LOT of guys there!" I winked at her, hoping she'll get the clue.

Duh! She should be with Minuet!
"I just don't know, okay? I have my eyes on someone, but it's hopeless. I'm sure."

"Really?" I squealed. "Who?"

"Pssh, you laugh at me." She shaked her head.

"N/N, I gave you my word. Now, who is it?" I protested.

She opened her mouth, but a squeak went out instead. "Um... you... hey, look! The batter's ready! Let's just pour this in!"

Did Y/N just ditched that question? Oh, well.

"Yeah, let's do it."

A/N: Okay, I also cut this chapter short because the next two chapters will be kinda long. So if you're mad at me, it's fine. I'll live. :p XD