Workout

Early the next morning, the ginger dragged his tired body towards the gym inside of the headquarters. Unsure of what it was he should have been doing, he began to run on the treadmill. A few minutes passed before he turned the machine off and awkwardly sat down on one of the benches. Gomez had instructed him to come in a few hours early so that he could begin field training with Eddward. Kevin looked around in search of his partner then shrugged. "He's probably sound asleep in his bed. I doubt he'd wake up early just to help me train..." he muttered.

Eddward took a final, long drag of his cigarette then slowly blew the smoke out between his lips. He waited a few minutes before he gathered enough mental strength to walk through the doors and deal with his partner. He stepped into the gym and began bench pressing without saying a single word to Kevin.

"Good morning Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson." Kevin muttered to his partner.
Eddward continued lifting, blatantly ignoring the giggling ginger and his lame name.
"Oh, come on! I thought it was funny. Your last name is actually Rockwell right? I'm really, really, really bad with names in case you didn't notice. My name is Kevin Anderson and I'm sorry for all the trouble I've been causing you. I probably should just quit but I feel the need to finish something...."
Eddward sighed but remained quiet as he looked over at the annoying man sitting across from him.

"You know... sometimes I think the only reason I wanted to join C.O.R.E was to fulfill some sort of vendetta for Josh." The room fell silent once again before Kevin gave a loud sigh then looked to Eddward with a grin. "I'm sorry for snapping at you yesterday. I know that it wasn't your fault. It's just...still really fresh ya know?"
Eddward turned away and began quietly lifting the weights again.
"Now that I think about it," Kevin continued. "I wanted to join this team before everything happened. Do you believe in fate?"

"I don't believe in anything." Eddward grunted as he pushed the heavy barbell above his chest.

"Well, I was up thinking last night and I kind of found it funny how life works. I mean... what are the chances of me getting paired up with you? I wasn't even expecting to get a partner, let alone you. So I mean... there has to be some sort of reason that we are working together." Kevin rambled as he rolled two twenty pound dumbbells towards Eddward's bench and took a seat next to the assassin's feet. He grunted and wheezed as he struggled to lift both bells at once. "D-Do you think you could help me become stronger? I mean... I know we haven't exactly gotten along very well until now but I've decided to roll with the punches of life and accept the fact that fate really has paired us together. I want to be of as much help as possible to you but in order to do that, I need help. Lots of it. Please?" Kevin asked, looking at the raven with hopeful, emerald eyes and a puppy dog pout.

"Tch. Do you ever stop talking? Your lips haven't stopped moving since I stepped into the room." Eddward scoffed. He set the barbell down then moved to stand over Kevin. "That's too much weight. You need to start off smaller." He instructed as he grabbed a set of one pound weights from the rack.

Kevin whined and ignored the advice. "I can handle this much weight!" He said stubbornly before struggling so much that he dropped a weight onto Eddward's foot "Oh shit! I'm sorry Rockstar! Are you okay?!"

Eddward growled as he kicked the dumbbell away. "You're lucky these shoes are steel-toed." He hissed. "Now listen to what I say and lessen the weights."

Kevin struggled with the weights for a few more seconds before giving up and taking the microscopic weights from Eddward.
"These are way too easy to lift. I'll never get placed on the field if I only train with these." He sighed.
"Of course you won't. You'll have to keep training in order to graduate to the field. You could start now by giving me twenty reps." Eddward grabbed a heavier set and sat next to Kevin, quietly lifting in time with his partner. Kevin glanced over at the brawny man. "Thanks again... ya know... for helping me train..." he mumbled.
"Tch. The only reason I'm helping you is because Gomez instructed me to. You should consider yourself very lucky." Eddward husked.