Family

As soon as Eliza got over to Remus' house for holidays, she went straight into her room. Nothing had changed; it looked like Remus was keeping it clean for her. Eliza sat on the bed and sighed. Furvus was already there, making himself comfortable.

The door opened a few hours later and surprisingly enough, it was Tonks.

"You look tired." Eliza commented, scanning the short woman in one quick look.

"I've had better days." She said as she sat next to Eliza. "You look better, happier."

"Going to Hogwarts, I couldn't disappoint my friends. I was forced to move on." Eliza responded, a soft smile appearing on her face.

"Is that all?"

The brunette raised an eyebrow as she registered what Tonks asked. Was there something else that should've happened? Was there something that she missed on while she was hiding in her room in twelve Grimmauld Place?

During dinner, Remus talked only about the business of the rest of the members and the disappearances in both muggle and wizarding worlds. It was an issue that they couldn't control. No matter how much information they would gather, it was always insufficient.

"What about school?" He turned to her, eyes bright and joyful now that she was acting like herself again.

"School is busy but nothing out of ordinary." She answered curtly, leaning to the side so she could give Furvus a bit of her pumpkin pie.

"We have information that Voldemort is planning an attack soon," Remus continued, placing his cup of Butterbeer down, "I'd feel much better if you wouldn't return to Hogwarts but I know you won't listen to me." He admitted.

"You don't have to worry about me anymore. I know exactly what I have to do." She said those words with so much assurance and calm that Remus couldn't help but feel like something happened.

That night, while lying on her bed, Eliza started to make light forms with her fingertips on the ceiling. Her owl was standing on her desk, staring outside with longing. As her mood was changing according to whatever she was thinking about, the forms ended up messing around.

For some reason, her thoughts would go from Voldemort and Ophelia to Malfoy. Frustratingly enough, her heart would always beat faster at the thought of Draco.

"Stop it. It's only fear and pity, Liz. Fear and pity." She whispered to herself.

But Snape was involved as well and Eliza learned in the past years that he was the key to all these mysteries surrounding Ophelia and her family. Besides, there was also Voldemort and the way he would visit her mind during certain nights.

Just in time, Remus entered the room with Furvus proudly strutting in behind as if he was a prince entering his castle. The cat hissed at the owl, the bird having no reaction at all, and jumped on the bed, curling as possibly close as he could to his master.

"Liz, can we talk for a moment?"

"Is this about you having to go to guard Harry? Because he told me before we left Hogwarts and Ron invited me over too."

Remus sighed and sat on the bed. The cat got up and turned to stare up at the werewolf man with bright green eyes. Lupin chuckled and patted his head, making the cat purr happily.

"He's really grateful to you for buying him."She started softly, watching the interaction between the two.

Remus chuckled and looked at his goddaughter, "I didn't have a choice. He literally got attached to me and he wouldn't let go no matter how much I tried."