Chapter 30: Plans

Tony's POV:

As I got inside my car after a stupid interview about Riley with a bunch of stupid reporters, I just wanted to rage and punch every thing.

My phone rang, I looked at the caller I.D and I rolled my eyes. It's Trent. I answered reluctantly.

"What else do you fucking want from me?" I asked him angrily.

He laughed. "Do you really think that stupid interview was all that I needed from you? Stark, you and I are gonna be in contact longer than you think if you want little Ashley to stay alive."

I clenched up my fist. "I don't know where Riley is." Even if I did, I wouldn't tell him.

"Sure enough, but knowing Riley, she's probably gonna pay you a visit sooner or later. But don't get too excited because I'm watching your every move, Stark. So even if Riley and Brian comes near you and you don't turn them in yourself, then my army will. Simple, huh?" He chuckled.

"Oh and one more thing."

"What?" I hissed.

"Now that you can't be with Riley, there's no reason for you to not be with Pepper."

My jaw dropped as I furrowed my brows. "I'm never going to be with that crazy bitch," I snapped.

"You're kind of missing the point that I can get you to do anything I want, in order to keep Ashley alive."

"Why? How long has she been working for you?" I asked curiously.

"Let's just say that love can drive people to doing anything just to get what they want. I used Pepper to seduce you and you actually fell for it, leading to breaking Riley. So actually thanks to you for being an idiot and actually falling for the trap." I clenched my jaw.

I just wanted to scream and break anything in sight. One stupid mistake and my life turns into crap. But I knew I have to calm myself down before I say something stupid which Trent can use against me to hurt Ashley. I decided to change the subject.

"What about Ashley?" I asked, trying my best to keep my calm.

"I'll hang on to her for a bit, just to make sure you follow my orders," he said, before hanging up.

I threw my phone at my passenger seat. I need to see Riley. All of the sudden, an idea popped in my head. I smirked as I knew it was a perfect event for me to sneak Riley into and see her.

*LATER*

Third Person's POV

Tony just finished announcing to the media that he was hosting a charity masquerade ball in a week. Within an hour, it has already been viral. Of course, with Tony being known for king of parties, a lot of people has been looking forward to going. But this is something that Trent found very fishy. Trent decided to contact Tony.

"What's your angle here?" Trent asked Tony as he picked up.

"I didnt know we were talking math," Tony ridiculed.

Trent began to grow more impatient. "Don't make me ask again, Stark. What the hell is your angle? If you think you can sneak Riley-" Tony cutted Trent off.

"I have no angle. My life is shit, can't I at least have some fun?" Lied Tony.

"Then why not just host a normal party without masks?"

"People love wearing masks and be anonymous. Plus it's sophisticated and formal, something you can't relate to." Tony shrugged.

Trent grunted. "If you try anything suspicious, Stark. You know what's going to happen," Trent threatened.

Tony smirked, knowing that he knows that Trent won't catch him in act, or so he hope.

"I know." said Tony.

Tony hung up.

Meanwhile, Brian and Riley are struggling to come up with a plan.

"How the hell are we going to sneak you in there? You're 7 months pregnant (I changed the timeline of Riley and Pepper's pregnancy. Riley is 7 months pregnant and Pepper is 8 months pregnant) and everyone knows about your pregnancy. It's just seems impossible to sneak you in without Trent or anyone recognizing you." Brian questioned theoretically.

Riley hated to admit it but she knew that her brother was right. But she knew that she can't give up just that easily. Riley focused and tried to think of ways she could sneak in.

After a couple of minutes has passed, Riley finally came up with something. A mischievous smile played on her lips. Brian noticed and raised a brow.

"The only way Trent wouldn't be able to recognize me is if I disguise as someone else." Said Riley.

"Yeah but who else is pregnant that you can-" Brian stopped his question as he realized what Riley was going on at.

"Pepper," said Brian, answering his own question.

Riley smirked and simply nodded her head. But Brian knew something that Riley didn't. Brian knew that Pepper works for Trent or use to. Brian had a worried look.

"It's not going to be easy, Riley," he said.

"How come? We'll just kidnap her before she gets to the party and I can disguise as her and pretend to be her for a couple of hours." Riley simply said with a small shrug.

"Yeah but there's one thing you're missing out. Pepper is working for Trent or she used to. If Trent decided to start a conversation and you have no idea what he's talking about, you're going to be busted." Explained Brian.

Riley's eyebrows furrowed as she clenched her jaws.

"And you never bothered to tell me?!" She said through gritted teeth.

Brian's eyes widened a bit, scared of his sister when she's angry.

"It kept slipping out of my head," he reasoned.

"No wonder why when my life goes to shit, that bitch is always the one to blame for it," Riley thought bitterly.

Riley didn't have the time to argue and be mad at her brother. All she wanted to do was find a way to see Tony again. She sighed all her madness away.

"Whatever, let's just figure out another way." Riley muttered.

"Actually it can work but we just have to prevent Trent from talking to you," Brian said thoughtfully.

"We need a bait that will keep him busy," said Riley.

"I'll do it," offered Brian.

Riley shook her head. Knowing that the chances of Trent catching Brian is very high.

"You have no choice, Riley. You're doing this for your family and I'm doing this for you, the only family I have left. You have a lot to lose if you get caught and I don't."