PROLOGUE

"Taxi!" Riya shouted for the 4th time in a row. These days getting hold of public transports were so difficult, not mentioning the scorching sun rays which constantly burnt her bare back.

She slammed her fisted palm against the mango tree and cursed herself for wearing a saree. Such draperies were never advantageous if you had to walk through the streets of Mumbai without proper transport facilities - which was exactly what she had to do. Had there not been an emergency patient admitted in the hospital she could have taken a nice break in her cool home. Even though she loved her profession, she found it hectic and frustrating too at times.

Medicine indeed was a difficult subject, but she had lived her life taking the most treacherous paths. She had told her relative that she had to reach the hospital quickly but her relative had insisted her to come to her house after she had finished her business in the hospital. Now she was out of the hospital and somehow had to reach her relative's house.

Riya slung her bag properly over her shoulder and started walking down the lane. The weather forecast said that the rains were due soon but the sun refused to play hide and seek with the clouds. She looked here and there and became a little lost in thoughts. Her mother wasn't very well and she required a medicine which wasn't available at the Chemist's at that moment. Every time she thought of losing her mother, her heart felt heavy, after all her mother was the only one she had. Her father had passed away 15 years back. Massive cardiac arrest.

The honking of a car brought Riya back to reality. Looking around, she realised that she had reached a place quite a stranger to her eyes. She was determined to find her way out of the confusing roads of Mumbai and was about to turn to the next lane when she suddenly stopped. On the gate of a large aristocratic house hung an intricate dream catcher - exactly like the ones she used to make 20 years ago.
She stared at it for a while and wondered whose artistic skills it was. Whoever's it was, it had made her smile. She decided to find out who the owner of the house was and stopped a passer-by.

"Bhai saab, iye kiska ghar hai?" she asked curiously.

The man looked at her suspiciously for a second and replied, "Ji, iye toh Arjun babu ka ghar hai. Dekhiye bahaar likha hai."

"Kaun Arjun?" She marveled at how her tone made the owner of the house seem like a speck of dust.

"Arey Arjun babu.... Director Arjun. Aapko pata nahi hai kya?"

Riya shut her eyes on hearing the name and stumbled back hitting against the wall. The passer-by looked at her with a confused expression for a while and then walked away. The name continuously echoed in Riya's ears until she ran towards his house trying to push the gate open. Her heart seemed to have multiplied its rhythm and her eyes felt thirsty to view the one she had been looking for years.

She backed away a few steps and ceased to breathe. She couldn't believe that her years of waiting had come to an end. She had at last reached the destination of her love. 15 years. 15 long years had past since she had seen him. 15 long years since she had seen Arjun. Arjun the director. Arjun her only love.