Realization

I woke up with a start. At first, I had no idea where I was, then I remembered I was at a birthday party sleepover with my friend Lizzie, in a hotel. Lizzie was 2 years older than me at 16, so we had even been allowed to go alone, Lizzie in charge.
     Lizzie and I have been best friends since I was 3, but Lizzie moved to England after middle school. We had kept in contact over FaceTime, though. (And I got used to the accent change) We finally got to see each other in person again this summer, at this sleepover! I had given Lizzie a card with a picture of us reading, "Kayla Faye and Lizzie Myers, the partners in crime: reunited!" She got a kick outa that.
     This temporary expositional flashback wasn't the only thing I woke up feeling, though. I woke up feeling that I was, without a doubt, in a book. Don't ask me how I know, because I don't, but I felt it in my bones that I was in a book. I considered waking up Lizzie about this newfound information.. but would she understand? Would she understand how rooted this was in my brain? How there wasn't even a part the size of a piece of dust in my brain that doubted the fact I was in a book? No.. maybe later. Besides, Lizzie's grumpy after she wakes up.
     I decided to get out my phone.. and it was dead. OF COURSE. I checked my suitcase for the charger. Front pocket... nothing. Big pocket... nope. I cleaned out the whole thing... nada.  I always forget something, any time I go on a trip away from home. This hotel was pretty nice though, so I decided to check out the shop and see if I could buy one... although I doubted it. I took the elevator down, and I have to admit I love pushing any type of button. Doorbells, elevator buttons, I guess I just like activating it.
     Anyways, I made my way down to the lobby floor, and headed to the front desk. I stood behind another girl, who looked around my age. She was at least 2 inches taller than me, though, and I wondered what she was doing down here alone... although I guess maybe she was at a sleepover, too. "Name?" The person at the front desk said. "Lakota McMyers." The now identified girl "Lakota" said. I thought that was a pretty weird name... but I don't wanna judge. She was reporting some sort of problem, and I assume it was something minor. I really don't think anyone had expected it when a dragon burst into the room.