Can't Sit With the Cool Kids

This is the Author's Note at the beginning of the story. Wow. Such note. Very author. Anyways, just wanted to apologize for the giant break. Trying out a different story, questioning myself, writer's block, etc., etc. Also, look, I drew a thing! Anyways, STORY-TIME!

     "Hey! HEY! You two! What was that magic stuff! 'Scuse me?" Lakota turned around, and it looked like she rolled her eyes. "Oh, right, a witness. Er.. listen, it'd just be better if you didn't say anything about that, alright? We uh.. would remember you forever for keeping the secret of the magical world." She said. Was she really sassing me? Maybe not sassing, but she seemed to think I was some sort of idiot, or tag-along little sibling that needed to feel important. I was the main character here! I wouldn't be too rash with her though. After all, she'd probably end up being my best friend or mentor in the future.
     That reminded me.. I went to get out my phone, and quickly realized it had been set on fire. Wait. My phone. Had been set. ON FIRE! Inwardly I had a mini-funeral for my phone and yelled NOOOOOOOO! Then I kind of remembered that I was gonna call Lizzie, and looked around for her. I soon recognized her dyed white hair, which stands out in the crowd. It was funny just how different the two of us looked, she's incredibly tall at 6 feet, with white hair and brown eyes. Then there's me, with brown hair and green eyes, and I'm nearly a foot shorter than her, at 5'2".
I ran behind her and scared her by shaking her shoulders. "Kayla! You scared me half to death! Do you have any idea how much trouble I'd be in if I literally was trusted to be in charge for ONE DAY and you got hurt, or worse?!" "I know, I know, I'm sorry. I got distracted." "DISTRACTED?!! What in the world happened?! I heard the fire started in the lobby? And there's a hole in one of the walls? Like something crashed through? I swear if you started it.." I laughed, because I know she was joking. (Or at least I hope she had more faith in me than that) I'll save you the trouble of me recounting the entire story, so I'll cut to the reaction. Lizzie laughed and rolled her eyes when I was finally done. "So you don't know." I guess I should've expected this. I mean, I do make jokes like this sometimes. But this time I was telling the truth! "Wait. Lizzie I'm serious. Dead, dead serious. It all happened, ALL OF IT." Lizzie rolled her eyes again. "Not falling for it, mate."
     I couldn't believe this. "No, I'm serious, look, come over here." I led her to Lakota and the guy with blond spiky hair. "Hey, what happened to make the fire?" I asked innocently. "Gas explosion, blew a hole in the wall." She said shortly, her lilac-purple braids whipping around as she turned to face us. I looked at the guy, and saw one of his blue eyes wink. "Ooh.. right, yeah. Ha." I led Lizzie away. "They were supposed to play along.. but I guess you caught me." Lizzie laughed. "Alright. Now let's go HOME before anything else happens!" "Ha. Yeah... Er.. Hey I think I dropped my phone somewhere over there when I ran out of the hotel, let's look for it." I towed Lizzie behind me as I followed Lakota and the guy.

     Lakota and her friend got as far away from the scene as possible. Once they were far enough, they stopped.  "Good thing the only witness was that gullible, eh?" "She was only trying to help, Kev." "Yeah, I suppose so," Kevin shrugged and rolled his eyes "I definitely charmed her." "Kevin!" They both laughed, and continued conversation until they both disappeared in a light just as blindingly bright as Kevin's smile.
...But what they didn't realize was that a very offended Kayla and a very surprised Lizzie disappeared with them.