03.

³

       "Do you have any idea how embarrassing it is to have to keep arresting my brother over, and over, and over again?"

       The police offer, Reid's older and complete total fucking buzzkill of a brother, slammed Reid up against the body of his squad car and slapped handcuffs around his wrists.

       "Hey, here's an idea," Reid grunted, wincing as Jay tightened the handcuffs, "Stop arresting your brother over, and over, and over again."

       Jay ignored him and stepped away to call in his location and the arrest. Reid didn't bother trying to run; he was going to have to go home to his brother at some point in the night, so he just pushed away from the car and looked back toward the school. Someone had shut off the fire alarm and the student body was making their way back into the building. Reid just hoped Jax and Grace made it out of there.

       Reid glanced back over to Jay, who was walking back up to him. Reid grinned. "Well, hey there, big bro. How's life?"

       Jay scowled, something Reid suspected was just a permanent fixture on his face. "Turn around," he ordered.

       Reid's grin widened, but he did as he asked, presenting his cuffed hands to his older brother. Jay tugged at the handcuffs, testing their strength, and then started to push him toward the car.

       He stopped once he realized where Jay was leading him. "Woah, woah! Really? The backseat?"

       "I'll stop treating you like a common criminal when you stop acting like one. In, now." Jay shoved at him, and Reid stumbled forward but he dug his heels into the ground, resisting arrest like it was second nature.

       "Jay, come on—"

       "Reid, I swear to god—"

       "Put me in that backseat, and I won't talk."

       Jay paused, looking into Reid's eyes. Whatever he saw, he must've realized Reid was telling the truth because he gave a stiff nod and directed his brother towards the passenger side door.

       "Handcuffs, too?" Reid asked, twisting his wrists uncomfortably.

       Jay barked out a laugh. "Don't push your luck," he said, and Reid barely had time to duck his head, with all the care his brother was giving him, before he was pushed into the cruiser.

       He slammed the door and jogged over to the driver's side, getting in and pulling the car out of the mile long driveway that led out of the forest that surrounded the boarding school.

       "What the hell were thinking?" Jay snapped after minutes of insufferable silence. His hands tightened and loosened around the steering wheel as they drove. "No, don't even answer that. I know what you were thinking. You were thinking what you're always thinking!"

       Reid's lips quirked up. "Man, this'll sure piss Jay off, now I've gotta do it?"

       "This isn't funny, Reid. You do realize how serious this is? You're this close —" he risked a hand off of the steering wheel to show Reid exactly how close was this close, " —to being tried as an adult."

       Reid rolled his eyes. "Relax, the worst they can get me for is minor vandalism. Girl, not dead. Fox, already dead. Blood, fake."

       "You terrorized that school. Painted its hallways in blood and marked every other wall with the word dogmeat."