Disturbed

It was a dull, bleak and depressing type of day. I was bored, somewhat dizzy and had seemingly lost connection with all reality and the outside world. No contact from friends because of the poor internet connection caused by the storm. That aside, I was home alone today. I mean what is worse than staying home alone when there is a storm waiting to happen? No way of communicating at all. I mean what's going on on snapchat or Facebook? I wish someone could tell me. I just wanted to go out. This was driving me crazy...

It was 5 pm and you could hear the storm thrashing against the slates that hung like bats to the old roof of the semi-detached house. And then there was me Khloe just left doing absolutely nothing but hanging my head down the side of my bed hoping that it would all pass quickly and go away.

Bang!

Bang!

Bang!

I raced to the window and looked frantically out at my surroundings, I noticed that the bay window with the laced net curtains were moving uncontrollably by the threatening wind that was attacking the house at a rate of knots.

The backyard was muddy and now becoming flooded as the drains had been blocked by the recent seasonal autumn leaves that had fallen from the sycamore tree in the garden. The spiralled nimbus grey clouds were twisting and moving furiously and the strong gusts of wind roughly brushed the remaining thin leaves of the trees and created impenetrable waves of dust and sand. These silent cries of the wind gave chills to my spine almost like that banshee sound you hear in a horror movie followed by thunder. These sounds unnerved me and made me feel as if there was some evil force watching me, intently, I could feel it like it was loitering around my house invading my privacy. What worried me the most was the fact that I was unable to have any connection to contact anyone on the outside world. I hoped I was going to be ok.

I soon realised that I was the only weapon that I had to protect myself if anything happens so I decided to ring both my parents but it just went straight to voice mail.

As I carefully opened the door to inspect the damage that the storm had left in its ferocious path outside, the cold wind instantaneously rushed through the door and into the house taking my hair along with it as if it was a parental warning me to make my way and go back into the house and not to disturb it.

I walked back into the house and forced the door shut. Which did take some strength. The loud penetrating gusts and the whistles of the cacophonic sounds of the wind stopped and I proceeded to rub my sneakers onto the rough doormat which said: "Welcome to our home" ...