Find Me...

After a while and a few episodes of a new national geographic documentary, I heard my stomach growl. I was all too familiar with this sudden call so I instantly rushed into the fridge in the kitchen and try to find myself some inviting fast food...but nothing...absolutely nothing, not even a crust of bread.The wooden cupboards of the oak-lined kitchen were left empty and dusty like they hadn't been used for years.

After a moment of wondering where all the food had gone, I realised that it was probably the reason why parents had left the house, of course, the grocery store!

A while later, the clouds began circling in and once again roared in a threatening way and the loud wind began to return. Jeez, I thought. What is going on?

Suddenly, the rain poured vigorously like there is no tomorrow.I lounged on the sofa under a blanket with that safe and warm feeling for quite a while, still able to hear my stomach growling for food.

Knock

I ignored it

Knock, knock

I stood up looking around and shouting, making obvious noise so that whoever it didn't think I was on my own.

"Hi Mum would you like a cup of tea" (loudly)

Knock

There it was again.

I quickly turned my head to the door and there was nothing...nothing but the sad howls of the wind and the rain that had been repetitive all evening...

Later came another knock, a rough and quite aggressive one. Oh god, who is it? My face began turning pale and I felt terrified and almost intimidated. At the corner of my eye, I saw something that could only be described as a red, white and black figure.With my hands and legs now shaking uncontrollably I slowly but unwillingly turn my head to the side 

La La laaaaaaa

And then .......

A disturbing but terrifying image of a clown's face popped out menacingly from behind the door.

I felt stupefied, stunned and was not able to move a muscle. I saw many hallucinations of all of my worst nightmares. Losing someone, blood and worst of all CLOWNS!

And wait for it, It wasn't wasn't just one...there were two, absolutely disturbing, creepy and unsettling faces, except one wasn't just a hallucination, it was in human form, solid and this was happening now...

Can't you leave me and go to someone else? I pleaded.

Why me?

What did I do to you?

I quickly thought to myself questioningly as I peered at them both again from the sides of my eye. It had blood red eyes and a smile of an evident lunatic.A tear ran slowly down my face, it was just like I wasn't able to control myself and crying was all I could do.

Step by step the clown-faced maniac came closer and closer. As I scanned it, I realised that I didn't have anything on hand to protect myself from it. I mean was I dreaming. Like seriously.

I then noticed that one of them had a brightly coloured bandana. A red one with a tight knot.

My breathing was now rapid and deep and then it turned short and quick and I lost control of my breathing altogether.

All of a sudden, one of them pounced and wrapped the bandana tightly around my eyes. The clown gave out a loud threatening giggle like this was at all funny or a joke.It was a sound I would never forget.

'Now you'll feel our pain'

It pulled me across the ground of the thick carpeted floor. I was blind, completely blind and at this point completely out of breath. It then proceeded to drag me outside through the back door and across mud towards a disused shed at the bottom of the garden.

Helpppppp

I screamed at the top of my lungs and finally, after a while of being pulled around on the ground, I was lifted up. The clown placed something around my neck and my legs were barely touching the ground...my neck was tightening... this was not happening surely. My life flashed before me and I wondered If I would ever get out alive.

Pleaseee!...Someone!

Soon there was silence......

Everything was gone, no pain, no clown, no me..but then I realised, those were the last words that I have ever said. There is no tomorrow.As it is promised to nobody.

I took one last deep breath and my soul has been drained, but until today, my heart and body is still waiting... waiting to be unmasked...Will I ever be found...