5-Deja vu

Be happy for this moment . This moment is your life .
~ Omar .K

         It was evening

It was evening . Me and Jess were getting ready for prom . I still left my curls  rest on my shoulders . Jess did a crown- updo . She also wore a bracelet . The bracelet was so pretty that anyone who'd take her by her hand for the dance would admire it . I was jealous of her . She was looking so drop dead gorgeous . We went downstairs and mum took pictures of us . Jess's brother  accompanied us to the venue in the car  .

Mom : Get my girl home by 12:00 !!!

Jess : Sure Mrs . Minnette ! Your girl is safe in my hands !

Me : As if !!! *I whispered *

   We both ran off to the car . Jess was so excited . On our way , we talked about who's gonna ask us to dance and I wondered whether Jeff would be there . My intestine was tied in knots . I was nervous . I couldn't shake off this feeling that something was about to happen . Just then , Jess turned the volume up . Guess what played !!

Radio : Galway girl !!

Jess - Wohoo that's my jam !!

Me - Not mine !!

I changed the channel .

Radio : Bailando !

Me - Omg THIS is the perfect song !!!!

Jess - Ugh Ari you suck !

We reached the venue . I was scared . I didn't know why . As I was stepping out of the car , my heart started beating faster . My adrenaline was pumping up . I went in . There was everyone . They were dressed beautifully , each like a Cinderella . Their princes were dancing with them . The picture was so perfect .

      As we went in , Zedd asked Jess to dance with him . He kneeled down and took her by her hand . Zed was one of the cutest boys of Valley high . She nodded her head saying yes . Of course anyone would ! I didn't know what to do  . I saw people dancing . I was so happy to see Jess that way . Finally , she's having fun .

I didn't want to stay there anymore . I felt like I don't belong to that place . It was the worst feeling ever ! I went to the garden . It was just beside the venue . Little did I know that someone was out there .

This is the worst thing ever . I shouldn't have come to prom in the first place ! Anyways! I came here for Jess . I didn't want to upset her . That doesn't mean I didn't have any hope for today . I sat there . On the grass . Not on the bench this time lol . Okay...this is not the time to laugh out loud . Ahem , so , I started humming .....I was lost in thoughts . It's that moment when you feel like no one gives a damn about you and it's that moment when you feel like your existence is negligible . People see you like the zero in the decimal  '2.30' . That's right . No value .