9 - Betrayal

I thought you were healing me but no , you broke me even more .

       As I lifted my eyelids up , I saw a similar jawline reveal itself , a similar face

       As I lifted my eyelids up , I saw a similar jawline reveal itself , a similar face . Out of shock , I yelled his name out

Agustus !!

I couldn't believe what I was seeing . I wished it was a bad dream , but it was the truth . The reality . As I was about to talk to him , he shushed me and put the tape back on my mouth . He gently held  my hand and whispered ,

I had no choice . I needed you to trust me . I had to cleverly kidnap you .

This is it . It was like my whole world of dreams and beautiful thoughts shattered at once . Once and for all .

Why him ? Why did he do this ? Was his love for me not real ? Was his concern , his lessons , his smile , not real ? Wasn't it real ? What is happening ?

Millions of questions ran through my mind but I couldn't locate the answer . Agustus , who I trusted , who I thought was my family , my friend , my love , betrayed me . I then understood , how betrayal feels . That pain in my heart when I saw him , and realised that he is the one who kidnapped me , wasn't any less .

      He just stood up , and walked away . Without saying a word and without answering me . Near the door , stood the old man and the man who was guarding the room . Agustus hugged the old man .

Agustus - Father !

Old man - Well done . The  Ravaguers are proud of you .

      My eyes widened , as I saw the scene play in front of me . Like , seriously ? Father ? Ravaguers ? Mission ? I wished this wasn't true . Ravaguers , the word I'll never forget . They killed my grandfather . I was hoping not to hear that word again in my entire life .

      The Ravaguers are one of the most dangerous gangs out there . They were once the most brutal and the most invisible gangs . But the murders they did were a mystery . No one knows what their aim was . The police had no proof to arrest them . Such was their flair . Earlier this day , when I was watching the television , the news  that caught my eye was  that Bastien Evans , leader of the Ravaguers  was spotted . When I was kidnapped , I predicted that it was the Ravaguers , but I thought they had nothing to do with me .

           The most astonishing thing is that , Agustus is the son of Bastein Evans . He is Agustus Evans , the future heir of the Ravaguers . I couldn't take  it anymore  . All this put me in a conundrum .