Chapter 2

Authors Note: Sorry i haven't updated for a bit, had finals and tablet didn't work for a while, but I'm back, and will be posting more often! And hope you enjoy the chapter! Next wil be exciting!

Word count: 963

I woke up to banging at the door. "W-who is it?...." I stuttered tired.

"U-u-um! I-I'm the lady f-from the front d-desk! M-mr. Red wanted t-to give you t-this basket! S-should I c-come in?...." The lady said stuttering, she sounded scared...but why?

"Just leave it at the front door Miss!" I say soon hearing a small thump along with the sound of footsteps fading away from the door. As soon as there was silence, I quietly got up and walked to the door, one breath in....and one breath out....

I opened the door to see the basket, it was quite big and to my surprise it was also a bit heavy too. I carried the basket inside and placed it on a small table.

In the basket were freshly made pancake, and a few boxes. I looked over to Lizzie. 'Seems like we'll finally eat more regularly again...' I thought as I walked over to her shaking awake.

"Noooo.........5...5 more minutes (y/n)....." Lizzie groaned.

"Lizzie! I need you to get your butt off your ass and eat your breakfast!" I say.

"Fine fine! What ever you say 'mom'!" She says emphasising the 'mom' part. I turned away from her tearing up. "U-u-uh.....I'm sorry...." she realized her mistake and apologized.

"Its alright Lizzie, just....never mind, let's eat our pancakes." I say slightly smiling, Lizzie nods.

After we eat our breakfast, I took out a small black box.

"I wonder what's inside..." Lizzie said curious.

"Yeah, me too..." I say soon opening the box to find a bunch of cash along with a note. "Thats a lot, huh...wonder what this money's for..." I opened the note. "To the Investigators, this money shall be used for your miscellaneous things and food. 'P.s....use this money wisely, 200 is given once every month" I say out loud.

"Thats so cool!!!!" Lizzie said in awe.

"Heh...you could say that again." I chuckled. "Lets look at the bigger box." I say taking the bigger box and opening it...it was weapons.

"(Y-y/n)..." Lizzie stuttered scared.

"I-its okay....Lizzie...it's alright...l-lets just read the note." I say trying to calm Lizzie down.

I picked up the note and read it out loud. "Dear Investigators, I can already tell you are shocked by what's in this box, and wondering how dangerous this case is, but what you need to understand is that the city is a dangerous place on its own, I just want you two to be safe during this case. Sincerely, Mr. Red." Silence.

"Um...(y/n)..." Lizzie said taking a breath. "This will be one hell of a ride, now won't it..." she chuckled.

"It definitely will be, now let's get going, we need to find some things about our case." I smiled.

"Alright!" Lizzie smiled....that's good.

We get up, gathering a small bit of the money and a small pocket knife from the weapon box.

[TIME SKIP TO DUSK!]

It's getting dark, we skipped lunch and dinner and we found....nothing! Nothing at all!

"Lets get to the hotel room (y/n), it's getting quite dark." Lizzie stated.

"Agreed, and maybe we can get food ther-" in was cut off by multiple gunshots from an ally way close to us. I dragged us behind some trashcans and crouched.

The gunshots stopped and only the very quiet breathing from Lizzie and me and footsteps fading closer then fading away from where we hid.

"(Y/n), what was that?...."Lizzie asked me whispering.

"...exactly what it sounded like Lizzie..." I say. I peeked to see it the mystery shooter was there, they weren't. "Lizzie, give me the camera you bought...." she handed the camera and I headed in the ally.

At the end, was a newly dead corpse...disgusting....I checked for any identification, none...specific marks left on the corpse...yes...there was a capital 'D' written in blood onto the corpses forehead. This must be the work of Depravity.

I steadily took the picture and walked back to where Lizzie was "Lizzie, let's go to the hotel and report about this, and call the Police." She nods soon following me back to the hotel.

[Time Skip After explaining to the Police.]

It was near midnight, and we finally were able to go up to our hotel room.

"That was scary (y/n)..." Lizzie managed to yelp out.

"I know it was..." I sighed opening the hotel door and soon entered with her. "Next time 'I' am bringing the weapons that was given to us, for protection."

"Alright." She said falling onto her bed and I did the same on my bed. "(Y/n)? Do you think that taking this job was such a good idea, we never really knew much of this case in the first place..." Lizzie huffed.

I looked at Lizzie, "Well, knowing we'd get a good bit of money and a place to stay while investigating....we could better our lives...but I didn't really take in the major risks...I...I was stupid." I started tearing up.

"(Y-y/n)...you're not stupid." She says sitting up. "In matter of fact you're brilliant!" She compliments.

"You really think so? After all you went through back there, and me just taking this case so quickly, you still think I'm brilliant?" I chuckled.

"Well yeah! Of course I do! One: you can take wonderful offers even if they are dangerous, Two: you're one of the top investigators in the business, and Three: your always so good at making quick decisions, just like you did back there!" Lizzie smiled widely.

I laughed, "you sure know how to cheer me up, don't you?" I say as we laugh,

She then yawned. Oh no, the the yawn! It's contagious, wait please no-. I yawned too. "Pfff-"

"Shut it! Not a word!" I say giggling. "Now let's go to sleep." We got under the covers and closed our eyes falling to sleep