Ch. 8

Marina's POV

I heard jack and the witch talking and arguing, their voices were muted because I was THAT tired.

When I finally paid attention I looked over at the witch. All black, black veil, beautiful, gray eyes and tatted tan skin.

"Mermaids do exist! I know everything!" She shouted at him, she had a thick unknown accent.

"Fairytale!" Jack shouted back, "if the mistress be here! Nothing fairytale! Her legend was written just like the mermaids and kraken!" She argued.

"Is Poseidon not the one in charge of the sea?" He questioned. "Aye, Poseidon be her great-great-great-great-great-great-" she began to explain "okay I get it" jack said attempting to shut her up, "great-great" she continued, "you can stop now!" He shouted.

"Great- Great- Great" she smirked "bloody hell!" He shouted and turned to me "grandfather" she finished and looked at Me, I smiled then began to have my Stomach churn.

The tingling feeling soon turned into agonizing pain, soon my head began to pound Heavily as I heard loud sound in my ear.

I began to scream in pain but I couldn't hear myself all I heard were the noises of the sea.

High pitched moaning of creatures unknown rang in my ears, I got out of my chair I was placed in and began to attempt to walk but couldn't, I was dizzy as hell and fell to my knees.

Jack kneeled down in front of me and began to shake me while having his hands on my shoulders.

I stared at his lips "Mari... Mari", I read. I stared at them with half lit eyes, the pain in my head and stomach were unbareable, soon I heard siren's song which calmed Me down , Jack's voice was faint by now. "are you okay?! Mari! Mari!" He shook my harder but I couldn't respond.

I heard the witch speaking also but I couldn't make out what it was.

I shut my eyes tight and once I opened them, the vision before me startled me half to death.

I was floating in the deep ocean, watching a large creature, size of the Kraken Swiming by me, roaring and calling out. It was a muddy green color with tentacles at the bottom half of its body while the upper half was reptilian. It had spikes on it's spine and iguana hands, it had horn like things coming out of the sides of it's jaw while it had the antennas of a slug. It attacked a great white before Me I gasped loudly, Carnivore.

{A/N: yes I got this creature from the game, Subnautica, I liked it, the creature is wonderful!}

"Remige Pristim" I Whispered in Latin. Do sea creatures only understand Latin? Is that how my legend is written? I need answers!

Jack's POV

I was infuriated with Marina, I has given her a simple order but no she decided to be a smart Alek about it.

"First of all mermaid don't exist! And is there any way to get sailor's off 'er back?" I asked her.

"I already say they do!" Juniper shouted back at me. I looked over at Marina seeing that she was spaced out, probably tuning us out.

"She already make communication with da creatures, not be alarmed when mermaids approach your boat" she said turning away.

"THERE. IS. NO. SUCH. THING. AS-" I was interrupted by the fact that I heard marina get up from her seat. I watched as she stumbled and held get head. I inched a little towards her until she dropped and began screaming in pain.

Immediately I ran to her side. "Mari?! Mari?!" I shouted as I shook her by her still damp shoulders. She looked daze and stared at my lips like she was deaf and was reading them.

"Mari?!" I shouted, "she hearing the sea.. Is happening!" Juniper shouted, I looked at her then back at Marina. "Are you okay?! Mari! Mari!" I shouted again, freaking out.

Her eyes then squeezed tightly, "what Is happening?!" I asked Juniper, freaking out. "she see the sea... She see...." Juniper shut her own eyes and placed her hand on Marinas head, I shoved her hand away immediately, instinctively. "Sea monsters lurking.. She see her creatures" she turned to me.

"Remige Pristim....Remige Pristim.... Remige Pristim" marina chanted quietly to herself.

Juniper gasped quietly, "what is she saying?!" I asked her in a shout. "Creatures understand Latin.. Latin slips past her lips fluently when communicating... She see" Juniper explained to me slowly as if she was trying to process everything as well.

"Sea Dragon.. Mightier than Kraken, a creature unfinished by god, damned to the depths of da sea" she turned to Me.

I looked at Marina's eyes and saw them roll to the back of her head, I caught her before her, now, limp body fell back.

"Mermaids throw off sailor's looking for Mistress, Marina must communicate with them" Juniper said, I looked over at her attempting to argue with her but she went through a curtain at the other side of the room. I scanned Marina's face, cold sweat fell down her face, she was laid across my lap by now as her side of her face rested on my chest. I removed some of her hair that was sticking to her face.

"She need proper mistress clothes.." Juniper said placing a bag down besides me.

"She must wear the stone all time... If she take it off, it can be easily stolen and all would need to do to use her power is 'er blood , they won't take it until she have child.. No trust her with no one!" She strictly pointed at me.

"Aye" I simply replied then stood up carefully and put her body over my left shoulder. Juniper placed the strap of the bag over my right shoulded.

"Beware the wrath of the Sea Mistress... Betray the queen and face her knights... If sea is where you're safe... She'll make sure you don't survive the night... Beware the wrath of the Sea Mistress , never meet her eye to eye when you done 'er wrong... Death and curse will pursue the one that betrays..  Never sleep in peace again..." Juniper chanted to herself making me gulp in nervousness.

"You're intentions with the Mistress are wrong, Jack. I can feel it... You'll betray Mistress... She make your life hell!" Juniper shouted behind me. I ignored her and walked towards the still opened door. "I WARN YOU JACK!" she shouted again, I waved her off with my right hand and walked down the gravel and dirt road that lead to her hut.

As I approached the town, prositutes eyed me, it did not affect me. I needed to get Marina out of here before word gets out. my grip on Marina tightened as one of my crew men ran towards me.

"Captain! The girl! She escaped! Who knows where she ran off-" he stopped talking once I nudged my head to my shoulder where marina laid.

"Oh.. Capn' I'm so sorry! Her ropes were snipped! And there is tons of seagulls in our bunkers! They've made a mess!" He shouted out of breath.

I sighed, "I am in front of you! No need to shout!" I rose my voice at him, he muttered an apology, "I want everyone back on board, did you find new recruits?" I asked. "aye, four em, sir" he said.

"Good then... Everyone back to the ship" I said and walked past him to my ship.

"ALL MEN TO THE PEARL!" He shouted, I smirked at my black sailed ship right where I left it.

Now that it is official that Marina here is the Sea Mistress and I must protect her, she'll help us Find the Black Skull Treasure.