The Letter

William sat in his office looking over the paper work from the souls he had collected that evening. A knock has at his office door, looking up from his work he sighed.

"Come in." He said.

Ronald came in his office with a letter in his hands.

"Um... Mr. Spears." Ronald said.

"What is it Ronald?" William said.

"A letter came in for you."

"Throw it away, I'm not in the mood to read one of Grell's letters."

"It's from Paris."

"Let me see it then."

William opened the letter to see a beautiful cursive handwriting, the letter said:

Dear William,
It has been two years since I last saw you. I am glad to say that I will be returning to London tomorrow at midnight by train. I can not wait to see you once I return, we have a lot of catching up to do. The only way I was able to get through these last two years was waiting to see your face. I shall count every second until I see you again.
Love, Ashlynn

William adjusted his glasses before placing the letter on his desk.

"Ronald tell Grell that I will not be in my office tomorrow night." William said standing up.

"What!? Why not!?" Ronald exclaimed.

"I will be meeting someone at the train station. Do not tell him where I am. Understood!?"

"Y-Y-Yes sir I understand. I will not tell a soul about this.

"Good."

William walked out of his office and took his death scythe with him. Waiting a few moments to go over to his desk and read the letter. Ronald smirked as he held to letter in his hand.

"Well it looks like that Mr. Spears as a secret lover." Ronald chuckled to himself.

He put the letter down and walked away pretending that he had never read the little letter.