The Talk

William was buttoning the last button on his pajamas as he was preparing for bed.

"One more month until the wedding." Ashlynn sang coming out in a satin pajama set.

She got into bed and opened up a book. William saw the title of the book: The Cost of a Reaper Child. William was shocked that Ashlynn was reading a book like that. He took the book from her hands.

"Hey!" Ashlynn exclaimed.

William gave her the evil eye before reading the page she was on.

As all Reapers know that Grim Reapers were once humans who committed suicide and as punishment they collect souls and hoped to be forgiven. Just like humans Reapers need to both eat and sleep. A Grim Reaper child has been heard of but it has never existed. Several Reaper women have been blessed with the chance of a child but during their birth the child has died. The mother killed them off themselves. Why? If a female Reaper was to be pregnant and did not kill off the child it would not only lose her and the father of the child's chances to be forgiven but every reaper from present at the time and future recruits making. After a birth soul collecting will just be a job like humans have. Once a you become a Grim Reaper you stay a Grim Reaper.

William looked at Ashlynn before handing her back the book.

"Ashlynn do you wish to have a child?" William asked.

Tears fell down her eyed and nodded.

"I know I should be ashamed of myself I'm a terrible person to even think it." She hiccuped.

"Why?" William took her hand.

"You read the book what do you think?"

"I think you're just like every woman: you want a husband and wish to carry his children. If that's want you want you shall have it."

"William are you saying what I think you're saying?"

"If you want to have a baby with me then we will make it possible. After the wedding of course."

Ashlynn kissed as now tears of joy started falling down her cheeks. William wrapped his arms around her as her hands moved to his cheeks. He had made the biggest choice of his life and that was to be a father.