Chapter Two

WENDY MARVELL.

The feeling of nervousness never left me, it terrified me to the core. It was a sickening feeling, and the fact that I hate this feeling is an understatement. I terribly loathe it.

Just wondering the large chances of leaving Fairy Tail really pains my heart. I honestly don’t know how I’d cope up with the situation.

I’m aware that I seem weak for this but can you guys blame me? Fairy Tail has been so important to me it’s insane. They did such a huge impact to not only me but Carla as well. They hold a very important place inside mt heart – as cheesy as that may sound.

“Wendy, is everything alright? You’ve been out of it since earlier.” Gray asked, concern and confusion written all over his face. I explored my gaze onto the rest of Team Natsu and found them staring at me as well.

I pursed my lips and forced myself to smile and nod, indicating that I am indeed – not – okay. I saw Natsu casting me one last glance before shrugging his shoulders and continued walking towards the guild hall with the others following suit.

I heaved in a deep breath and continued walking, but I had to stop for a while as I felt the surreal feeling coming back. I looked at the forest beside us suspiciously. Chills immediately ran up my spine as I scrutinized the forest’s appearance.

I removed my gaze from the forest and then jogged towards Natsu and the others’ direction, slowly stopping as soon as I reached them.

I seriously have a bad feeling of that forest. I can’t put my finger in it but what I do know is that it’s nothing good.

A comfortable silence engulfed the atmosphere around the seven of us as we walked towards the guild hall in silence.

I was lost in thought, thinking about the possible scenarios that could ever happen if the event that Arisa mentioned in my dream truly become a reality. Just thinking about it had me feeling uneasy and horrendously terrified.

I bit my lip nervously and kept my head down. I intertwined my fingers together and tried calming my thumping heart with the best I could.

I was too lost in thought that I hardly noticed that we finally arrived at the guild hall of Fairy Tail. I was only able to snap out of my jumbled thoughts when Carla held my arm and led me to our usual table.

“Wendy, is there something wrong?” she asked, worry evident in her tone. I stared at her eyes, debating whether or not I should tell her about the dream that I had. I let out a small breath and tried my best smiling as genuine as possible. I brushed off the thoughts that were troubling me aside, knowing full well that it’d be a hassle. It could honestly affect my communication with Fairy Tail.

I nodded and replied, “I’m fine Carla, don’t worry about me, I’m just a tad bit tired.”

I scratched the back of my neck lightly with a sheepish smile stretched across my lips.

Carla sent me one last worried and suspicious glance before sighing in defeat.

“Just know that I’m always here if something’s bothering you.” she mumbles with a small smile. I nodded appreciatively, my conscience slowly eating me up from the inside. Why do I feel like I’m going to regret not telling Carla about this problem that I’m handling?

I gulped out of nervousness, looked down and gripped onto the hem of my dress tightly. I began chewing on my lips, a habit that I’ve gotten whenever I get nervous or horribly troubled about something in particular.

“Uhmm, Carla?” I murmured, palms sweating as I played with my fingers. Carla looked at me with raised eyebrows, eyes filled with curiosity and confusion.

“Yes? What is it?”

I stayed silent for a moment and kept my eyes downcast. I heaved out a shaky breath and looked into Carla’s curious eyes, silently apologizing for lying.

“...I heard that there’s a new shop open exclusively for sweets. I was, uh, wondering if you’d like to come with me to check out the newly opened shop.”

That was actually a half lie, there is indeed a new sweets shop here in Magnolia. But I already checked the shop out a few days back while walking around the town to buy food for Carla and I.

Carla’s eyes softened and grinned genuinely, “Sure! I’m always up for sweets!” she said with a soft laugh.

I forced myself to smile and laugh along. I’m sorry Carla, I’ll make it up for you someday.

“Did someone say sweets shop?!” Erza exclaimed, eyes sparkling out of excitement.

“Wendy here said there’s a newly opened sweets shop here in Magnolia. So, we’re sorta gonna go and check it out later.”

“I shall come as well!” the red haired titania excitedly said, hands clasped together. I chuckled at the sight as the others laughed loudly.

I found myself smiling sadly while watching team Natsu interact and have fun with each other. Flashbacks from our adventures together as a guild rushing back to my head in an instant.

I suppressed a sad chuckle. Ah, well, it’s definitely saddening. I don’t know what to do without these guys by my side.

Have I really... become dependent of these guys? To the point that I can’t get myself to leave them?

I’m scared, so freaking scared that I can’t even think straight.

• • •

Yep, this chapter was indeed shorter compared to the previous update. I was apparently suffering from writer’s block, which obviously delayed the update.

While this was a rather boring update, I promise you things will begin getting interesting by the next chapter! I’m also very excited to make Killua and Gon finally appear in this story soon (plus a few more Arisa moments òvó). I’m craving to write dem KilDy moments already lmao.

Other than that, if you liked this update please do consider voting and commenting. <3

Thanks for reading!