Chapter Three

WENDY MARVELL.

Suppressing a chuckle that'd escape my lips any moment, I found myself grinning at the sight of Erza being childishly cute while eyeing the sweet delights in the shop that we were currently in. Carla - who was currently in her human form - stood beside me as she smiled sheepishly and politely apologized to the shop owners for Erza's childishness despite of being known as the famous Titania.

"Umm, Erza? Have you decided on what to buy yet? We've been inside this shop for about half an hour already." Carla whispers to the red haired mage's ear, nudging Erza in the sides lightly.

I chuckle sheepishly. "I think it's better if we just let her be, it truly is a sight to see Erza this childish."

"I guess you're right..." the white exceed agrees, sighing in defeat, shoulders drooped. "It's just that I'd rather be resting than stand here all day long." she whines, making me laugh.

"Don't worry, once we get back to the dorm we can finally rest." I optimistically encourage Carla, bringing back my gaze onto Erza who still can't decide on what to buy yet. Erza was practically drooling already over the delights placed right in front of her.

I brought my gaze onto the ground below me and begun thinking about the dream that I had last night. I was immediately engulfed with fear with a tint of sadness the further I thought about Arisa and my situation. I was in a hard situation, and I had no idea how to handle it all by myself.

Earlier while I was zoning out, again, the thought of all this being a dream yet occurred me oh-so-suddenly. But I quickly brushed the thought off since it was near from impossible — no, it is impossible. The chances of all these being a dream that I hopefully slept in were unfortunately low. And that just had me saddened to an extent.

"Wendy, you alright?" Carla's soothing voice cuts my troubling thoughts off, her tone filled with worry. "You've been out of it since we left the dorms. Is something wrong?"

Oh how I wish I could tell Carla about my situation...

I reassuringly released a small smile and nodded my head. "I'm alright Carla, just exhausted." I excused.

She looked at me suspiciously and sighed deeply. "It's alright if you don't want to tell me, I understand. Just know that I'm always here for you Wendy."

"I appreciate the care and kindness that you're giving me Carla, I really do but I'm fine. Thank you for worrying though." I murmured as response. "Anyways, I feel like I need some fresh air. Is it alright if I hang out outside for the meantime? Call me if Erza's done choosing what she wants to buy."

Carla nodded in understanding and grinned at me. With that, I walked outside and let myself drown peacefully under the refreshing winds softly brushing against my skin. It was at these moments that I really needed solitude. I appreciate the chances that I get to have these kinds of moments, it'd usually help me clear off my currently troubled mind.

'...Wendy..'

A strange and ominous voice whispers from the winds, sending chills run down my spine. I looked around, searching for the source of the voice, but apparently to no avail. I was beginning to feel frightened, I took deep breaths to calm down my thumping heartbeat.

'Wendy...'

There it goes again, it's chilling voice making me terrified. I felt my heartbeat painfully thumping against my ribcage, and I was frustratingly trying to calm it down.

But my attempts of calming my panicked heart were all deemed failure, and I was getting desperate, anxiety was slowly enveloping both my heart and mind. I was having a difficult time to breathe properly. What if this is that situation that Arisa was talking about? No, please, not today. I'm not prepared for this, I'm not ready to leave Fairy Tail yet (be it temporarily or permanently, I was still horrendously terrified for the upcoming events that are soon to take place).

I shakily heaved a breath as my vision swayed, I was strangely having a massive headache. I tried walking but I only stumbled forward, I felt weak, really weak. My head ached horribly, I couldn't focus on anything at all. I clutched onto my chest and heaved deep, shaky breaths.

And it was then I realized that no one was outside with me at all, no one was going to help me from my current situation. I fell to my knees, placing my arms to the ground to support my weak and fragile body.

My peripheral vision lit brightly, almost blinding me. Sweat quickly forming on my forehead, anxiousness and nausea were the only feelings I felt as of the moment.

'Wendy...'

And that was when my body finally gave up in fighting off the horrible feeling I felt, I collapsed to the ground. The impact of my body hitting the ground causing me to wince in pain weakly before I completely passed out, my vision turning black in seconds.

I didn't know that after this, rather peculiar and indescribable events would soon take place.

...I didn't know that I would soon regret meeting them.

• • •

Orayt, first of all, I'm sorry if this update was (probably) shorter in comparison to the previous update. But it sorta made sense to end the chapter there, but heyy, Killua and Gon will no doubt fINALLY make their debut on DLM next chapter! I'm really hyped to actually begin typing down the trio's interactions and dem godly KilDy moments (just a huge fangirl of this crackship lololol).

Other than that, this chapter is dedicated to Qualidea for always supporting me and DLM till the end. <3

Thanks for reading!