Gia's Not Blonde

The city was just as I remembered. Of course it was, obviously, I was only here last in May.

            But still, the city felt wrong. Even though I knew it like the back of my hand…it wasn’t home. London…London was home now. This place was nothing but a nightmare.

            After our last concert, we strolled down the street to our hotel.

            “One more bus ride to JFK and then we’ll be home with our girls for a break until April!” Louis said as we walked.

            “We should go find a club to celebrate!” Niall said. Leave it to the leprechaun to beg for booze.

            “Can we not?” I asked. “I really don’t drink anymore, guys.”

            Harry patted me. “I’ll buy you a coke and we’ll dance, okay?”

            I reluctantly agreed and showed them a small club around the block.

            Harry and I stood by the bar while everyone else danced. I took another drink of my Coke he’d promised me.

            “Not enjoying yourself?” he asked.

            I leaned into him. “Bad memories. They don’t ID here. It was illegal, but it was the only place we could come if no one’s parents were out of town.”

            He put his arm around me. “What do you say we go back to watch a film at the hotel?”

            I nodded. “I’d like that.”

            “I’ll go tell the lads, then,” he said, walking onto the dance floor.

            “I’ll run to the bathroom!” I called.

            “Meet me out front. And be careful!”

            “Okay!”

            After quickly doing my business, I walked outside the club, but couldn’t see Harry. I leaned against the wall outside and waited for him, turning to look at the door when it opened.

            But instead of Harry, I saw a blonde in an all-too-short skirt I had lent to her, walking with a boy in a black tee shirt and tight pants.

            “Well, look what the cats dragged in,” my ex-best friend slurred as she walked my way.

            “Come back for more, sweetheart?” Jason asked, walking over to me, blowing his beer breath in my face.

            I tried to hide the fear in my voice. “Get away from me, perv,” I said.

            “Don’t talk to him like that, skank!” Karen said, shoving me.

            I shoved her back. “Don’t tell the whole school I drugged your manwhore boyfriend!”

            Jason grabbed my wrist and pulled me hard against the wall again.

            “Don’t speak to her like that, baby momma,” he smirked.

            “Your bastard baby deserved to die,” Karen spat.

            I lurched forward, but Jason held me back.

            “Don’t you say a word about my child! It wouldn’t have died if your boyfriend hadn’t raped me!” I yelled.

            “You loved it,” Jason said, trying to grind his hips to mine.

            I cringed in disgust.

            “Get off her, Jason!” Karen squealed.

            “Shut up, babe!” he yelled back at her.

            “I suggest you let go of her.”

            I beamed and looked up at Harry, who was walking towards us.

            “Jason, I presume,” he said.

            “What are you?” Jason asked.

            “Gia’s sleeping with Harry Styles?” Karen asked, dumbfounded.

            Harry eyed her like she was crazy-which she was.

            “Alright, I can see why you lusted for Gia. You settled for the blonde hair without the brains.”

            “Gia’s not blonde.” Karen rolled her eyes.

            Wow, the booze must have really gotten to her head.

            “I would appreciate it,” Harry said, “if you would let go of my girlfriend’s arm,” he stepped forward, getting nose-to-nose with Jason. “Right. Now.”

            Girlfriend?

            Jason scoffed. “Take the trash,” he shoved me into Harry’s arms. I rubbed my wrist, marked red with his fingerprints. “Sloppy seconds must just be your style.”

            Harry rolled his eyes and let a small smirk form on his lips. “Oh, now I’m really going to enjoy this.”

            “Wha-“

            Jason was cut off by Harry slamming his fist into his jaw. He stumbled back, knocking over both himself and Karen.

            “You’re crazy,” Karen said, leading him away.

            Once they were out of sight, Harry doubled over and held his fist.

            “I FORGOT TO CLENCH AT THE LAST MINUTE,” he yelled. “OH, SWEET MOTHER OF CHESHIRE THAT HURT.”

            We were both laughing now, I was jumping into his embrace. “You saved me!” I said. “Perfect timing!”

            “I told you I would,” he said, walking with me back to the hotel.