Just Call Me The Last Slice of Pizza

“YOU FOUL LITTLE BACKSTABBING GIT!” Niall yelled.

            I opened my eyes and separated myself from Harry. Niall was running at him, and Harry shoved me out of the way just before Niall tackled him and started trying to punch him in the face.

            “You cheated! You completely and totally cheated!”

            “Guys, cool it!” Liam yelled, trying to get Louis to help him pull the two apart.

            “I didn’t cheat!” Harry yelled back.

            “What is going on?” I asked Zayn, who was pulling me away from the two of them.

            Eleanor, Dani, and Perrie joined the yelling, telling them to stop and calm down.

            “Guys!” I said, but no one responded to me.

            “Niall stop it!”

            “He lied!”

            Liam yanked Niall back, and Louis held Harry.

            “Everyone lied to you, man!” Harry shouted at him. “They’ve all been trying to figure out a way to help me and get you off my case! No one was on your side! She was never going to fall for you! She’s been with me this whole time!”

            “What the hell is goING OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!?” I screamed, silencing the room.

            Everyone looked at me.

            “SOMEONE BETTER EXPLAIN RIGHT NOW,” I fumed, stepping into the center of the room.

            Still, no one answered.

            “WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?” I shouted at Niall, grabbing him and pulling him away from Liam, shoving him away.

            “Fine! You want to know what’s going on? Harry cheated,” he said.

            I looked at Harry. “Harry did what?”

            “Not on you!” Harry said. “Look, what happened-“

            “He and I were in a competition to see who could win you over first! He told me he wouldn’t make any moves unless you made them first. And I know he was lying! So there, Gia, you’ve been kissing a liar. I would have told you sooner, but-“

            I pushed him against the wall, shocking him.

            “YOU MADE ME A PRIZE IN SOME STUPID COMPETITION SO THAT YOU COULD WIN ME OVER?”

            Niall looked a little scared. “Well, we tried calling dibs-“

            “Niall!” Harry yelled.

            “YOU CALLED DIBS ON ME? WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM? THE LAST SLICE OF PIZZA?”

            “Look, Gia, I was only trying to care for you. You don’t need him. I love you!”

            “YOU DON’T LOVE ME! HOW WOULD YOU EVEN KNOW? YOU LOVE A GIRL SO MUCH THAT YOU TUG OF WAR WITH YOUR BEST FRIEND OVER HER? WHAT KIND OF MAN DOES THAT MAKE YOU?”

            ”Why are you screaming at just me? He not only participated, but he cheated at the game, too!”

            I let him go and looked around at everyone. Tears welled in my eyes. I couldn’t even look at Harry, who was crying himself.

            “Gia…” El started.

            “You knew, didn’t you?” I asked her. She looked down. “You all knew.”

            No response.

            “So….” I started, trying to keep my tears at bay, “you two idiots have been competing for me behind my back? I was a…prize? A trophy?”

            Louis stepped up. “Gia, it wasn’t like that.”

            “You all lied to me!”

            “We didn’t lie-“ Niall interjected.

            “Well, you sure as hell didn’t tell me the truth! None of you did! You know, I thought I was so lucky to find people who would love me and treat me like real family…but you’re all liars.”

            I grabbed my things from the table and started toward the door.

            “I never want to speak to you again.”

            “Gia, wait…” Harry sniffed, running after me.

            I spun on him. “Especially not you!” I cried. “To think that I was ready to be with you forever…now I know why we really never made it official…all the sneaking around…..”

            “Gia-“

            “How could you? After everything I’ve been through….how could you? You didn’t care about me at all, did you? You’re almost like Jason…….except I actually……I……..” my voice cracked.

            “Gia, please…”

            “I loved you,” I whimpered.

            “Gia, listen…”

            “Just….stay away from me,” I said, leaving.

            “Gia!”

            “Stay away!” I yelled back.

            I ran down to my car, leaving him at the door in tears. I fumbled with the keys and tried to wipe my tears before driving home, running to the door, and hiding in my room.