Holy Examples

Hey readers and possibly brothers and sisters in Christ! I hope your having a great night/day. I just want you to know that even though there aren't very many people who have read this, but I want you to know that I have been praying for readers. So if you stumbled on this "devo", it was for a reason.

The verse that I am going to share with you is from 1 Peter 1:15-16 which says, but as He who called you as Holy, you also be Holy in ALL your conduct, since it is written, "you shall be Holy, for I Am Holy."

In order to fully understand this verse you have to know the meaning of Holy. According to the Merriam Webster Dictionary Holy's meaning is "exalted or worthy of complete devotion as one perfect in goodness and righteousness."

So in my words the likeness of God, because he is worthy and is perfect in his goodness and righteousness.

What I'm getting trying to point out to you is that God want us to be Holy in our daily lives in all that we do and that the actions and words that we speak will show the glory and heart of our Lord.

Calling yourself a "Christian" is so much more than just going to church on Sunday and occasionally reading you Bible. IT'S ABOUT PURSUING A LIFE OF HOLINESS AND SETTING YOURSELF APART FROM THE WORLD...

I want to end with this quote. "You are the only Bible some unbelievers will ever read, and your life is under scrutiny everyday. What do others learn from you? Do the see an accurate picture of God?" -John McAuthor

I hope you enjoyed this little devo, if you have any prayer requests or questions comment here.

Ya'll are all in my prayer. Love Vinny Sue