Surprise Boyfriend

I walked into the lunch room to see Ash actually waiting for me. "Hey Sere." He walked me to his table.

"Sere?" I asked. No one ever game me a nickname before.

"Yeah it suits you." He went over and sat down by Gary. I took the seat next to him and a girl named Dawn.

"So Serena, the girls and I are going shopping after school. Do you want to come?" Dawn asked.

"Um sure I guess." I don't know what will happen if my father finds out about this.

"We will have so much fun." With that she turned away to talk to her other friends.

I sat eating quietly till something caught my eye. It can't be I thought. "Excuse me." I got up from my seat and walked towards what I saw.

When I reached their lunch table I knew I saw what I thought I saw. "Calem?" The dark hair guy turned around.

"Serena!" He instantly stood up and hugged me. "I missed you so much while I was in Kanto."

"I missed you to." Calem is my boyfriend. About a year ago he moved away to Kanto. "What are you doing back?"

"Well my father hated his job so he asked his boss if they can give him his old job back and here we are." I brought me into another hug. Before we pulled apart he kissed me on the forehead. "How about after school we hang out?"

"I would love to!" I hugged him once more then headed back to where I was sitting.

When I got back all eyes turned to me. "You know the son of an Elite?" Gary spook first.

"Um.... yeah. He is kinda my boyfriend." I felt my cheeks get red.

"Serena you should of told us." It was May who was squealing now.

For the rest of the lunch they kept asking me a bunch of questions. The only person who didn't talk was Ash.

School was over and I was packing up my bag when Dawn and her friends walked up to me. "Are you ready to go shopping?" She asked.

"Oh yeah I almost forgot. I just have to go tell Calem something really quick." I didn't leave any time for them to respond. I sprinted down the hall to where Calem's locker use to be.

My father hates changing people's lockers so if you are gone for over two years then your locker goes to someone else. "Calem!" I turned down the hall and saw him.

"Serena I was just about to come meet you."

"Well I about that. I am going shopping with some friends so how about tonight you come over for dinner. My father would love to see you." I said out of breath.

"Sure I am fine with what ever. See you tonight." He kissed my forehead before walking off.

"Sere?" I turn to see Ash standing there.

"Oh hey. I didn't know your locker was by Calem's."

"It isn't. Everyone planned on walking to the mall together. We were all planning to meet outside so I had to walk this way."

"Oh that makes sense." I fell into step right by him.

"So Calem is you boyfriend."

"Yeah last time I knew. We haven't seen each other in a year so I don't know how much has changed." I shrugged.

"I know what you mean. A year can change a lot."

"What happened with you that makes you think that."

"Well when I came here my crush moved here a year ago and she ended up falling for someone else." His voice was filled with sadness.

"Oh I am sorry to hear that. Will you tell me who?"

"No I want to keep it a surprise." And now Ash was back to his normal self.

"No fair."

"It is totally fair."

For the rest of the time we walked in silence. I didn't realize how big the school was till now. I usually stay in the one hall because of my father but now we walked through half the school.