ils tromperont tout le monde

They will deceive everyone.

||

"Bea, come on. We've gotta go to school."

Allison stands in the doorway of Stiles' bedroom, her chocolate eyes focused on the redhead sprawled across the boy's bed. Her back is to the brunette, his pillow clutched tightly to her chest.

Two days have passed since the Stilinski boy disappeared from the hospital, leaving a terrified Bea in his wake. The only one who has heard from him is Noah, a simple text stating he is safe all he has offered. In that time, Bea has scarcely left his bedroom, waiting for him to come back. Though, a part of her feels like she's hiding from him, as well.

The words Nogitsune had left her with in the hospital hallway two days ago have been on constant replay in her brain. Don't worry, Beatrice. I'll be back for you soon. She can still feel the immense darkness that surrounds her boyfriend. The empath hasn't forgotten what Nogitsune said about the pair in her dream, how they are connected. She doesn't want to figure out what that means.

"It's only been two days, Allison," Bea retorts, refusing to meet the girl's eyes. "He could still come back." She can hear the pitied sigh that escapes Allison's lips from behind her, making her roll her eyes. All she's gotten for the past two days are pitied glances and sighs.

"Bea, if anyone's gonna go missing for two days and then show up perfectly fine, it's Stiles."

"But that's just it, Allison!" Bea exclaims, finally sitting up and turning to face the huntress. "He's not fine. He's possessed by some demonic, Japanese fox spirit. He's the farthest thing from fine. And if he does come back, who knows if he'll even be himself."

It feels incredible to be able to actually say Stiles has been taken over by Nogitsune. Now that he has revealed himself, he has released the hold he had on her that kept her from spilling his secret. However, she is still unable to inform them of the hold he has over her or their apparent connection.

"Bea, I know this is hard. But waiting here for Stiles isn't gonna do anyone any good. You need to go to school. You've missed too much of it already, and you've only been here for a few months."

A defeated sigh falls from the redhead's lips. The logical part of her mind knows Allison's right–like she usually is. But she doesn't want her to be right. What she wants to do is stay here, curled up on Stiles' bed, hiding away from everyone on the outside; hiding away from him.

"Why do you always have to be right?" Bea mumbles as she stands from Stiles' bed, immediately feeling some sort of loss in her body as she lets his pillow fall to the comforter. She walks passed the brunette to her own bedroom to change.

Bea begrudgingly changes into some jeans and a hoodie, pulling her hair up into a messy bun. She struggles to pull on her Converse, pulling the second one on as a sudden surge of pail rolls through her body. The girl steadies herself against the wall, pausing as she takes a breath.