Chapter 4- Relax

Practice Makes Perfect

Troy

"We're mates."

I heard a blood curdling scream come from Madison. So loud that I think Africa heard it.

She gave me a hug. "I'm so happy for you!" She squealed jumping up and down.

I smiled and hugged her back. Angela was next to hug me. I saw Damon shake hands with Carter.

"Take care of my sister. If not my brothers and I will take care of you." He threatened.

Carter smiled and nodded unaffected.

We got congratulations from everyone.

"So, when are you going to live with my son?" Leah asked.

"Uhh..." I wasn't sure how to answer. We haven't really talked about it.

"That's undecided mom." Carter said.

"Okay. Well, we're going home are you coming with Carter?" Alpha Rogers asked.

"Um... no. I think I'll run back." He said looking at Damon for approval to stay, which he nodded.

I smiled as we all said goodnight.

I looked around and felt the terrible awkward silence. "Well, I think Damon and I are gonna go hit the hay. Goodnight." Angela said walking upstairs with Damon.

I looked at Will and Jackson then Madison for help. She smiled and nodded.

"Alright boys. Go to bed." She said putting her hand on her hip.

Jackson and Will looked at her like she was crazy. "You're not our mom."

Madison raised an eyebrow. "I didn't say I was, did I? Now, if you don't go up there the easy way I'll literally drag you by the ears." She threatened.

Jackson scoffed and rolled his eyes. Madison grabbed him by the ears and looked at Will. Will jumped up and ran upstairs.

"Night." Madison wiggled her fingers and walked upstairs dragging Jackson.

"Remind me not to disobey you friend." Carter said.

I smiled and rolled my eyes. "She's not that scary."

Silence fell between us. I wasn't comfortable but it wasn't uncomfortable either.

"So..." Carter trailed off.

"So...." I trailed off as well.

"What do we do now?" Carter asked.

I shrugged. "I don't know."

I walked over to the couch and sat down. I looked over at him waiting for him to get the memo to follow.

He sat down next to me. "What're we gonna do?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"What's next? What're we gonna do now? When do we make arrangements to move? I still have school! And not to forget my trick riding and the rodeo circuit! An-" I was cut off by Carter pulling me into a hug.

"It's gonna be okay. You don't have to move until you're out of high school or whenever you want. It doesn't matter to me. And the trick riding and rodeo circuit we can still do. I'm in the circuit myself." He chuckled then continued. "As for what's next and what we're gonna do, well, that's the fun part. We'll just have to see what happens." He kissed my cheek.

I smiled and relaxed in his chest.

I feel like such a girly dramatic girl.

"Oh shut up! And enjoy it for once would ya!" My wolf, Anevay, said.

I relaxed and took in his sweet smell.

*******

I know, I know. It's short and I'm sorry. I didn't know what to do after that scene quite yet. But I know some of you were eager to read another chapter.

But was it a good chapter? I really hope so.

I'll try to have the next chapter up soon. Thanks for staying with the book y'all.

Comment
Share
AND
Vote