A surprising turn of events

"So I have to use this stick to fly?" Dan asked with a surprise look.
"Well yeah, did you think that we just jump up and start flying like a bird?" Louise said with a smirk
"No..not exactly...I thought it would be more like...sliding"
"Oh boy, haven't you see your mother fly before?"
Dan immediately looked away from Louise and stare at the ground. He didn't want to talk about that subject. His mother and her air bending was kind of an issue at home, but he couldn't tell this people that the great Melanie was forced to stop bending, he wasn't ready to tell the world how bad his nation was in so many topics.
"Hey, Avatar, are you okay?" Louise touched Dan's hand and he came back to reality, eyes watering.
"Huh? Oh, yeah I'm okay, don't worry"
"Wanna go for a walk?" Louise said with a smile and Dan surprised again
" Can we do that?" He said in a whisper and Louise laughed at the secrecy.
"Of course we can silly! I mean, Avatar. But it has to be quick because I have one more day with you and I need you to at least glide before you go okay?"
Dan nodded and, guided by Louise, started walking through the temple. It was absolutely majestic, the light that illuminated the old gold paintings in the wall and the wind that made the leaves of the trees flow st any hour, was just marvelous.
"So tell me about you Avatar, what are you good at?"
"Do I have to answer that"
"Oh cmon! You have to be good at something! Don't you have any hobbies?"
"Well...I'm kinda into arts, but I'm not good or anything, i just like to draw"
"Ooooh yeah I can totally see you as an artist!"
"What?"
"Yeah! You have that vibe! Like, I don't think you are going to be someone that stays at home doing numbers or whatever, you are more of a free thinker, that's because you are part air bender"
"Well it doesn't matter, does it? I'll devote my life to help the world because of the Avatar thing, remember?"
"You don't want to be the avatar?"
Dan stopped walking, he didn't really have an answer for that. He liked the part of traveling the world and meeting new and cool people and being able to learn how to bend all elements, but the fact that he has to save the world every damn day is too much pressure for him and he was terrified that he wouldn't be able to balance everything. Yeah, he wished he could be an artist.
"You are doing your concern face, you do that a lot"
"And you are using your mom voice, Louise, stop learning my faces" they both laughed and continue walking. Dan liked Louise, she was refreshing, nice and she really get him, plus she was an amazing master and she helped him a lot the whole week.
"Cmon, you need to learn how to glide, I'm not going to let you leave without seeing you at least 15 centimeters up in the air" she grabbed Dan's hand and pull him to the training area.
The next day was Dan's last day in the air temple. He waked up knowing this and was really sad to leave Louise and this fantastic place, he wished he could live there forever. Who wants to go to the water tribe anyway? This was way cooler. He walked outside and passed Connor who was arranging everything for the trip. He was stressed because the ship was going to be late or something, Dan didn't care about that. All he cared about saying a proper goodbye to Louise.
"Hey Con have you seen Lou? I want to say goodbye..."
Connor smiled at Dan and he didn't understand quite well why but smiled back anyways.
"Yeah I think she's in her room, you know where that is?"
"I think so, thanks!"
"Be quick! We need to leave in 10" And Dan started almost running to the West part of the temple. He went directly to a room which has a pink door and fairy lights all over it and found Louise desperately putting clothes in a suitcase.
"Omg where is my pink dress? I swear I just saw it!"
"You are wearing it Lou..." dan said leaning on the door frame and smiling
"Oh, yeah right, so stupid"
"What are you doing if I may ask?"
"Well... I'm going on a trip"
"Oh really?" Dan said actually surprised and wondering what the hell was going on
"Yeah...with a friend...from the fire nation"
"Oh that's coo-wait, what? You have a friend from the fire nation and you didn't tell me?!"
"Omg Avatar how stupid can you be?? Is you!"
"WHAT?"
"Connor invited me to accompany you in your trip, as we created a nice relationship, I hope you don't mind..."
"OMG I'm so happy! I was so sad to leave you here you are such a nice person and I wanted to stay so much"
"Well now we are traveling together! It will be an honor Avatar"
"Yeah just one thing, please call me Dan"
Some hugs and goodbyes later, the whole "avatar crew" was traveling to the north water tribe. They were all laughing and happy, and Dan was finally feeling that, maybe, this trip was a good idea after all.
"Hey Lou, do you happen to know my water master?"
"Oh, yeah I do, he is an amazing guy"
"So he's a boy.."
"Yeah, he's pretty too" Louise said winking at Dan. He felt a little uncomfortable because he didn't tell Louise about his sexually yet, so he didn't know how she knew. He gulped and tried to seem calm
"What's his name?"
"Phil. Phil Lester"