Black is the new black

"You are not even trying Dan"
"Yeah I am!"
"Well you don't show it"
"It's difficult for me, Im from the-"
"Yeah yeah, the fire nation. I don't care, you are the avatar, you know how to do it"
"I don't, that's why I'm here!" Dan stamped his feet angrily in the sand. A big wave move towards the shore where Dan and Phil were standing. Dan looked at it with a surprise look.
"Well, anger helps you to concentrate apparently" Phil said with a smirk, eyeing Dan.
"That was me?" Dan said not even looking at Phil, his eyes were stuck in the already gone wave.
"Well it wasn't me, there's no one else in the beach and there's a nice weather, with no wind, so yeah, it was you"
Dan finally raised his head and look at Phil.
"If you say it like that you make me look like a stupid guy. Just, can you understand that this is difficult for me? I'm sure you would be struggling if you were to learn fire bending"
"Why would I ever want to learn fire bending? Water is better."
"What? You prefer making waves than actually controlling fire? I can make flames come out of my hands!"
"And I can drown you in a water hurricane right now if I want. And you are kinda making me want to do that"
Dan knew that he was getting into deep waters. He knew that Phil was a really powerful master, and he respected him and how he wasn't showing off all the time, but he was angry. He was angry with himself because this was really difficult for him, he was angry because he missed his mom, and he was angry because he was fucking freezing. Phil had nothing to do with this, but he was the only person around and, in Dan's mind, he was a perfect target to blame.
"I'm sure you could never defeat me in a duel"
Phil, who was looking at the horizon, set his sight in Dan, and he gave a step towards him, making their noses touch. They were the same height, Phil being a couple of inches taller than Dan. When he spoke, he did it gentle, whispering in Dan's ear.
"Babe" and Dan shivered listening to the name and cursing inside because he was finding this quite nice and arousing. "There's no chance, not even a tiny bit, that you can beat me in a duel." He bitted Dan's earlobe and Dan made a squeeze, trying not to moan. Phil smirked. "You act like a teenager Dan."
And with that he stand back and started walking towards the city.
"We are done for today, Avatar. Don't forget that your friend arranged a meal for tonight" he said not even turning back
"Are...are you going to be there?" Dan asked blushing because he couldn't believe he was asking that, hoping he would say yes.
Phil turned around and smiled at him, and he spoke in a really calm and sweet voice.
"Of course Dan, I would never waste an opportunity to be around you" and with that he continued walking.

Three hours, a deep bath and some drawings later, Dan was standing in front of his gigantic mirror in his bed. He was just wearing his boxers, and he was about to try some clothes. Knowing that Phil was going to be at dinner, he wanted to make a big impression, and be absolutely flawless. He was having mixed feelings about him, like he fancied him, he really really fancied him, he thought that he was beautiful and extremely attractive and suggestive. But the thing was, Dan knew that him staying here was temporary, as soon as he finish his training he was going back to the fire nation. To make a good impression, he called the only person that could help him right now.
"You can't dress all in black again Dan" Louise said. She was already dressed with a very pink and fancy dress, sitting in Dan's bed and licking a lollipop.
"But I don't have anything else Lou, besides why not?"
"Daniel, this are very important people that you are going to have a meal with, they are the leaders of the water tribes, you need to look flawless and black is not a very representative color for water benders"
"Oh, and pink is a representative color?" Dan point at Louise's dress and laughed a little.
"Well, is not from this tribe, but is colorful, and goes pretty well with the light blue surrounding this place. Besides I'm not the Avatar"
"I know, I know. So what should I wear?"
"Let's see"
He ended up wearing some black skinny jeans, a black slim fit shirt and a leather jacket. Louise complained but he decided to not pay attention to her and just go with his style. Fortunately, Connor would be wearing something black too. When he arrived to the big salon, all the people around the table stand up and made a bow. He almost laughed at the moment that he was living, giving the fact that he was just a 20 year old boy and people were bowing to him. He made a quick movement with this head and everyone sit down again. Dan dedicated those minutes to scan the table. There were five old looking men wearing big fur coats, Igor, the one who welcomed Dan to the tribe, was wearing a really fancy blue suit, Louise was with her beautiful pink dress talking to Connor, who was wearing a blue jean jacket and skinny jeans. The ninth person in the table was Phil, who almost took Dan's breath away. He arranged his hair in a quiff, making his eyes pop up even more. He was wearing a black jean jacket, that almost couldn't fit well because of this muscly arms, and he was wearing ripped skinny jeans, almost too low to see his boxers. Suddenly Dan felt really comfortable with what he was wearing. The only left place in the table was next to Phil, and Dan cursed inside because how on earth was he going to pay attention to the meeting if he was sitting next to him? He walked towards the chair and sit, not even looking at Phil. He extended his arm to grab some bread when he felt someone approaching his ear.
"Your bum looks really nice in those skinny jeans, Avatar."
Yeah, Dan knew this dinner would be really, really difficult.