4

"That poor child..." Ezekiel mumbled. "He's got a serious problem."

Gadreel agreed with him. "Only if there was something we could do... I feel bad, even it is illegal."

"But there is something!" They started swimming to th weeping merman. But Castiel had no idea who they were and it was spooky. The eels lookd vicious.

"Who are you?"

"Don't be scared. We represent someone who can help you. Someone that could make all your dreams come true. Just imagine... You and your prince. Together forever."

Castiel's eyes widened. "I don't understand..."

"Amara has great powers!" Gadreel smirked.

"The sea witch? Why, that's - I couldn't possibly - no! Get out of here! Leave me alone!"

"It was only a suggestion. Suit yourself." Ezekiel ended up flicking pieces of the statue around as he was swimming away. Castiel looked at the pieces of the statue and felt so torn.

"Wait!"

~•~

"Poor Clarence..." Meg sniffed.

"I didn't mean to tell, it was an accident." Becky sighed, and saw the merman pass. "Hey, where are you off to? With those eels?"

"I'm going to go see Amara."

"No! She's a monster!" Becky gasped. "You can't go!"

"Why dont you go tell my father? You're good at doing that." He growled at the crab. The eels were getting impatient and just started to drag him away.

"This way..." They led her into a garden of souls... These shriveled up little things...

"Come in. Come in, my child." Amara was inviting for a sea witch. "We mustn't lurk in doorways - it's rude. One MIGHT question your upbringing. . . . Now, then. You're here because you have a thing for this human. This, er, prince fellow. Not that I blame you - he is quite a catch, isn't he? Well, angel fish, the solution to your problem is simple. The only way to get what you want - is to become a human yourself. And then of course you're going to have to turn him gay as well..." She snickered.

"You can do that?"

"My dear, sweet child. That's what I do - it's what I live for. To help unfortunate merfolk - like yourself. Poor souls with no one else to turn to." She started singing.
"I admit that in the past I've been a nasty
They weren't kidding when they called me, well, a witch
But you'll find that nowadays
I've mended all my ways
Repented, seen the light and made a switch
True? Yes
And I fortunately know a little magic
It's a talent that I always have possessed
And here lately, please don't laugh
I use it on behalf
Of the miserable, lonely and depressed
Pathetic
Poor unfortunate souls
In pain
In need
This one longing to be thinner
That one wants to get the boy
And do I help them?
Yes, indeed
Those poor unfortunate souls
So sad
So true
They come flocking to my cauldron
Crying, "Spells, Ursula please!"
And I help them?
Yes, I do
Now it's happened once or twice
Someone couldn't pay the price
And I'm afraid I had to rake 'em 'cross the coals
Yes, I've had the odd complaint
But on the whole I've been a saint
To those poor unfortunate souls"

"Now, here's the deal. I will make you a potion that will turn you into a human for three days. Got that? Three days. Now listen, this is important. Before the sun sets on the third day, you've got to get dear ol' princey to fall in love with you. That is, he's got to kiss you. Not just any kiss - the kiss of true love. If he does kiss you before the sun sets on the third day, you'll remain human, permanently, but - if he doesn't, you turn back into a merman, and - you belong to me." She had an evil smirk twisted on her face. There was no way Castiel would get prince Dean to fall in love with him. He was male.

Becky showed up and tried to  protest but she was silenced by the eels.

"Do we have a deal, Castiel?"

The merman bit his lip, nervously. He hesitated and twiddled his fingers. "If I become human, I'll never be with my father or sisters again."

"That's right... But - you'll have your man. Life's full of tough choices, innit? Oh - and there is one more thing. We haven't discussed the subject of payment. You can't get something for nothing, you know. I'm not asking much. Just a token, really, a trifle. You'll never even miss it. What I want from you is...your voice."

"My voice!?"

"You've got it, sweetcakes. No more talking, singing, zip." Amara always had this sick way of cheating people.

"But without my voice, how can I-" He got cut off.

"You'll have your looks! Your pretty face! And don't underestimate the importance of body language! Ha!"

"He won't fall in love with someone who can't speak... Let alone a boy... This is crazy."

The witch started to sing once again. "The men up there don't like a lot of blabber
They think a girl who gossips is a bore
Yes, on land it's much preferred
For ladies not to say a word
And after all, dear, what is idle prattle for?
Come on, they're not all that impressed with conversation
True gentlemen avoid it when they can
But they dote and swoon and fawn
On a lady who's withdrawn
It's she who holds her tongue who gets her man
Come on, you poor unfortunate soul
Go ahead!
Make your choice!
I'm a very busy woman
And I haven't got all day
It won't cost much
Just your voice!
You poor unfortunate soul
It's sad
But true
If you want to cross a bridge, my sweet
You've got to pay the toll
Take a gulp and take a breath
And go ahead and sign the scroll!
Ezekiel, Gadreel, now I've got him, boys
The boss is on a roll
This poor unfortunate soul."

She had Castiel tied up in some magical binding, and she laughed evilly as she watched him sign the contract.

"Paluga, sarruga, come winds of the Caspian Sea.
Now rings us glossitis and max laryngitis,
La voce to me!
Now...sing!"

Castiel started to sing a note, a very high one. And he sustained it. It created a yellow streak that Amara was capturing in this shell necklace... She kept laughing as magical forces ripped the voice out of Castiel, and turned his tail into legs and drug him up to the shore.