Chapter Two

Ae Ri's POV

My parents quickly take their important things, before rushing to the car.

I didn't even had the chance to change my uniform, but I shouldn't care about that. My health is more important.

What if I'm sick? What if I'm dying? Then I wouldn't be able to be with Haechan anymore.

Nah, think positive !

I shook the bad thoughts out of my head by listening to Haechan's cover. My boyfriend had a very charming voice, you know?

I remembered how he confessed to me.

.

It was just a normal day, but I've fallen for him since the first day of 2014 . You can say it was love at first sight. He was a transferred student from another school in Seoul.

We aren't in the same class but I get to see him everyday, because there's the canteen and he's also a big eater, like me. So I hang out with him at the canteen often .

I remembered the date, 20 April. He confessed to me with a song, at the canteen. I fell into his sweet voice. I stared at him singing until the song ended.

I stood up, clapping my hands as loud as I can. The other students also clapped their hands, but to be honest I was the one who clapped really loud.

Then he whispered into my ears, which his words left my heart beating so fast.

" Will you be mine? "

I nodded and hugged him. I almost cried at how sweet his confession was but I tried my best to held it in.

Since that day, he always waited for me after school, sometimes he buys me food before I could even stop him. He also would sing some songs if I'm not in a good mood. He cheered me up by telling me jokes and probably with some aegyo.

My love towards him keep growing day by day, I can't even watch him with some other girls. Even with the teacher. I would give some death glare or I would probably stare until Haechan noticed me. But I never get mad, I never show my jealousy because I don't want him to think that I'm too much. I think glaring is enough.

He would tease me at the end of school, and I would probably be sulking after that. Yet he cheered me up by singing and some cuddles. I can only recall the memories.

.

" Hey, we arrived "

Again, I held my chest as it was aching. Much worst than before. I didn't feel like this before, but why so sudden?

The pain on my chest came with a headache. I groaned at how much pain it was and I was walking slowly until my mum dragged me quickly to her personal doctor, who works at the hospital we're in now.

As soon as I stepped in the room, I collapsed. Everything blacked out.

-

" WHAT? LUNG CANCER? HOW COULD SHE POSSIBLY GET THAT? SHE'S YOUNG! YOU'RE LYING AREN'T YOU?! "

Mum's voice woke me up, she's shouting so loud that my eardrums hurts.

Something hits me as I remembered mum's words.

Lung cancer? Who? Me? Impossible! It shouldn't be me! But if it wasn't me, then who?!  I tried to think positive but I can't.

" Sweety I'm sorry but, you're having a lung cancer. "

WHAT? WHY NOW? I NEED SOME HEALTHY TIMES FOR HAECHAN, FOR MY FAMILY, FOR MY FRIENDS, BUT WHY?!

Tears won't stop falling, as if it's a fountain. " What stage is it? How long can I live? " I asked with my voice cracking. I held my chest, crying.

" You're in stage 4 , and you have a month to continue your life. But if you're lucky, then you'll continue your life journey. "

A MONTH? WHY SO SHORT? I NEED MORE THAN A MONTH. HOW CAN I TELL MY FRIENDS, MY BEST FRIENDS, AND, Haechan? He would be very sad to hear it.

" After a month, you'll have your surgery, and I must remind you. Stage 4 is already worst, and if you fail your upcoming surgery, you'll never get the chance to live again. "

WHAT KIND OF CANCER IS THAT. WHY IS IT SO WEIRD? IT'S NOT LOGICAL. Okay, maybe it's not weird, maybe it's logical .

The doctor told us that I can stay at home until the surgery day. I'm relieved with that statement, at least I can avoid the hospital.

I repeated the doctor's words, and I cried again. My mother patted my back, trying to comfort me. I don't even mind if I'm weird, crying at the hospital. It really hurted my feelings.

What had I've done that my live turned out to be this pathetic?