1

Hell is right infront of me. I can reach out and touch it but every atom of my being urges me to run back to my house where I can hide under my blankets.

I hear Raine chuckle beside me and he grabs my hand. "Come on Lottie. We can do this"

I groan "But it's Saturday! The one day I don't have to be here"

"What about Sundays?" He asks. I punch his arm and he laughs as he pulls me through the doors.

In the chairs infront of me there are five other kids and a teacher. Mr Banks to other kids is the cool teacher. He is extremely lenient and never gives homework. To me and Raine however, he is our worst nightmare. He always picks us out in class and gives us into trouble for the slightest things.

Why? Because we accidently set of the fire alarm at his nephews christening and sent the entire group outside into the snow.

He was also Raine's Aunt Susan's husband's brother. If that makes any sense whatsoever.

A kid I know as Barry leans back in his chair "Now that they're here can we go to the library? It's freezing here"

Mr Banks nods and Barry jumps to his feet and claps his hands together. "Right then, I'll lead the way"

A cheerleader with red hair and a black eye get to their feet next and the two of them start walking down a corridor.

"What do I do?" A small girl with big glasses on the end of her nose says quietly.

"Stay here. I'll be out in an hour" a deep voice says. Oh God. He was here.

Damon Parks. The cliche high school heartthrob. I look to Raine who knows all about my stupid crush and glare at the small smile on his face.

That means the small girl must be his little sister Arla. She looked about a year younger than us so that would make her about fifteen.

Mr Banks shakes his head "She can stay with us in the library. Come on guys, let's not be here for any longer than we have to be"

A blonde girl stood up as Mr Banks followed the others and turned to us "This should be great"

Raine smirks at her and I nudge him as she turns away again "So, is that her?" I ask.

Raine has a mystery crush that I only know as Blue Eyes. Every girl that he takes interest now is a possible candidate. He shoves me lightly but I still stumble back. That boy does not have a clue how strong he actually is. "Right Lottie. Let's not make this even more tedious" He walks away, leaving me at the chairs alone.

I sigh and follow after them.

****

Just one more hour. That's just ten minutes, six times. I can do that.

I push the book into the allocated space with a sigh and push the cart further along. I pick up the book at the top of the pile and slide it into the space. A coppery smell hits my nose and I ignore it.

My phone buzzes in my back pocket and I pick it up. It's a notification telling me that my phone only has 10% battery left. I groan and pick up the next book whilst sliding my phone back into my pocket.

I feel something wet on my hand and I drop the book and wipe my hands together. When I look down I see my hands covered in red paint. Without thinking, I wipe them on my white tank top and denim jeans, leaving red smears on the material.

I let out a loud groan and keep them away from myself as I walk out of the aisle and towards the others.

A loud scream echoes around the room and I freeze. A chair clatters to the ground and I hear Damon shout "Arla!"

I turn back to see everyone running to the aisle behind the one I was just in. I run to them and as I reach the aisle, Barry runs out and throws up at my feet. I jump back and the smell of vomit and copper is overwhelming.

I step over the puddle and see everyone crowding at the end of the aisle. Sobs and crying can be heard. "What the hell is going on?" I ask.

The red head turns to me "What have you done?" She asks.

I frown "What do you mean? What's happening?"

The blonde girl takes one look at me and gasps. "She did it" she says.

"I did what?" I ask. I have no clue what everyone is freaking out about. Red picks up a book as if to defend herself as I try to walk forward. I stop and hold my hand up. "Raine?"

He walks towards me and Blondie grabs his arm to stop him. "She's dangerous" she warns him.

"Back off Steph. She didn't do this" he growls.

"Look at her. She's covered in blood! How was it not her?" Blondie screeches. 

I look down at myself and bring my hand to my face. The copper smell gets stronger and I almost pass out. I am covered in blood.

"Lottie?" Raine asks.

"What's going on?" I ask him.

I look behind him and Damon steps away with Arla in a tight grip. This reveals what was hidden before. "Somebody killed Mr Banks" he says in a low voice. Behind him Mr Banks lay on the ground with what looks like a sword sticking out from his chest. "And I think it was you"