5

I step out of the cubicle and start washing my hands. "You're parents really picked the wrong day to be away" I laugh. I take the time to wash the blood off my face and hiss in pain as I touch the sensitive skin around the cuts. "At least Damon has you. I've only got Raine. Mum is away working for the next month. I've been crashing on his couch so I don't get lonely" I confess. Something about really dying is making me really honest.

I hear a sniff behind me and turn to see Arla staring at me. Her mouth opens and closes like she can't find the words to come out. "I'm sorry" she says finally and the tears fall. "She said if I helped her she wouldn't hurt Damon" Her words are rushed and panicked. I don't miss the glances towards the door. As soon as she finishes she clasps her hand over her mouth.

I step towards her, drying my hands on my shorts as I walk towards her. "What's happening?" I ask "Why are out freaking out?"

She looks up at me and steps away "I shouldn't have told you. She'll kill you next now. You were meant to be last. Raine was next. I was starting to like you, I made sure you were last"

I step away from her. "You need to run. There's a window in one of the Maths classes, the window is open. I'm going to get me and Damon out through it when you two are dead. But you have to use it. You can survive" she reaches out to take my hand but I flinch away. She was planning to kill me this entire time.

"Wait. She?" I say.

The click of high heels put Arla on high alert. "Go. Now!"

"What about Raine?"

"I'll make sure his death is quick" she pushes me towards the door. "You can run, she can't chase you with those stupid shoes"

"You're insane!" I shout. "I'm not leaving him!"

"You have to! Now go!" She shoves me again and I stumble back into the wall. I freeze. What can I do when there's an insane person coming for me. The footsteps gets louder and she shoves me into a cubicle "It's too late. Stay there"

The door swings open and I jump onto the toilet so she can't see my feet beneath the door. "Why are you taking so long?" Nora snaps, the sobbing mess act from before completely forgotten about.

"She disappeared. I was only in the cubicle a minute and she must have ran" Arla stutters. She is a terrible liar.

The first door gets kicked open and I cringe. This is like every crime movie ever. "She's still in here. Why are you defending her. You know what she did" Nora says and the next cubicle swings open. Two more to go.

I turn and see the vent above me. I take a deep breath and close my eyes. Reaching up I grab the cover and yank it back. It falls to the ground with a clatter and I whimper. I actually whimper. Like a dog.

Nora lets out a sickening cackle "Charlotte...." she says. "I know your in here"

"Nope. It's the ghost of.... Steph" I say as quick as I can. Then I face palm. The ghost of Steph?

She sighs "Don't worry. I won't kill you yet. I have plans for you"

I can see her shoes under the door and make a quick decision to grab a hold of the vent and hoist myself into it. She swings the door open and grabs my foot. "Was this part of your plan?" I ask as I kick out and the bottom of my shoe connects with her nose.

She yelps and falls back, allowing me to pull myself completely into the vent. I army crawl around a corner and stop. I have to get to Raine. Arla said he was next. But first, I need out of this vent because horrible memories are already resurfacing.

I see a light and crawl towards it. It's a cover that leads down into a hallway. I push down on it and wince at the loud crash it makes when it hits the ground.

Somehow, I manage to get into a position where I'm hanging by my hands to the vent and my legs are dangling a few feet off the ground.

I let go and hit the ground surprisingly softly. "Raine" I breathe out and start walking down the abandoned corridor.

I hear voices a little further around. I walk past the toilets and see Arla and Nora talking. Well, I say talking, it was more Nora ranting and Arla crying.

"What the hell were you thinking?" She is on the verge of shouting but seems to be trying to control her volume "Well, since you've betrayed me and helped her escape. Then you no longer have my trust. I can't let you go if I don't trust you"

Arla lets out a cry and tries to run but Noah pulls her back and slams her into a wall. I flinch and hide behind the lockers. "Looks like the Calvin's are going to lose their heirs" Nora sneers.

"Please" Arla begs "I'll do anything. Just let me and my brother go"

"No" Nora says. "You're death will be extremely helpful however. Damon will be so angry and then they'll all kill eachother for me"

I peer around the lockers and see her hold a knife to her own arm and slice a long cut down her arm. It doesn't look deep enough to seriously injure her but it looks pretty painful. She then does the same to her chest just below her collarbone. "How do I look?" She asked Arla.

"You won't get away with killing all of us. Everyone will know it was you" Arla snarls.

Nora laughs and puts the knife to Arla's throat "No. They'll think it was your brother. He snapped and killed everyone. Raine killed him and got scared that I would tell so he attacked me. I had to kill him" and then she quickly drew the blade across her throat and stepped away as Arla choked on her own blood.

She walks around the corner out of sight and I run out from my hiding place. "Arla" I say as I drop to my knees beside her. I grab one of her bloody hands as she struggles. I let out a cry. "No! No!" I shout as I try to stop the blood flowing out of her with my hands. I start to cry as I realise she's dead. And it's all because she told me about Nora's plan.

"I'll kill her!" The roar echoed down the empty halls "Where is she? Where's the psychopath who killed my sister!" I get to my feet and stumble backwards. I hardly look innocent. Her blood covers my hands and I grab the blade Nora dropped.

Bad move. 

Damon rounds the corner and sees me standing beside his dead sister holding the knife that killed her.

"Damon..." I decide to try and reason with him. "Please. This is her plan. She's trying to turn us against eachother!"

His eyes are dark and his fists are clenched. I drop the knife. "Don't give her what she wants. She's going to blame it all on you"

"What are you talking about?" Nora cries. "You attacked me!"

Raine stares at me from behind the two of them. "Raine. There's an open window in one of the Maths classes. Go to it. Get the police. Please"

He looks torn. "Did you do this?"

I shake my head "Of course not. Raine... you know me. We've spent every second together for the past week. There's not a chance I could have set this all up" I'm practically begging now. "Please. You need to go now"

He nods and turns. I half-expect Nora to break her character and stop him but she doesn't even flinch. I know why. We'll already be dead by the time they get here.

I start walking towards them. "Damon. Your sister. She was trying to save you. She had been working with Nora to make sure you survived this"

I'm about two metres in front of him when he speaks. "So you kill my sister and then call her a murderer?" He says. His voice is terrifying as he leans in close. "Not a smart move"

In a flash, his hand is around my neck and I'm pinned to the wall. I can't breathe but I manage to choke a single word out. "Gun"

He turns just as she fires. The bullet rips through his leg and hits the wall beside me.  He drops to the ground and I lean back as air rushes back in into my lungs. "She dies last. That's the plan" Nora snarls.

He groans and clutches at his leg. "You see. Even if by some miracle, you do survive, how are you going to pursue your sporting career now?" She laughs.

"Raine's hands. That's why you let him go. You've taken something he loves. You're finished with him" I say.

She shakes her head "He'll be back. Then I'll have justice"