8

The ground shaking wakes me up. Terrified, I grip onto the closest thing to me which happens to be Damon's sleeping figure.

"Damon!" I shout and shake him by his shirt. He doesn't wake and I look down at his leg. "Damon!" I shout louder. Is he dead? He grunts to tell me he's awake and I let out a sigh. "We're moving" I say.

Pulling myself to my feet, I reach down and pull him up to lean on me again. "She could be at the doors" he says.

I shake my head. "If she just turned on the lifts then we have a few minutes until she gets back down here"

The doors open and I step out carefully. Looking around, I see nothing but Steph's body lying exactly where Raine left her. I hear a thud and look up past the chairs at the front door.

Raine is pounding on the glass and a grin spreads on my face. He points towards the maths classes and I nod to tell him I understand.

We manage to get to the first class  utility it's obvious that Damon can't go much further. His leg is worse than it was last night. "We should have wrapped that in something. Or cleaned it" I mutter as I kick the door shut. It isn't the class with the open window but it will have to do.

He chuckles "How would that have helped? Have you seen it?"

"Unfortunately" I say and smile. "How far can you go?"

He frowns "Your hand"

I look down and see that my hand is a horrid colour and about three times the size it was yesterday. My fingertips feel numb and I whimper as I brush them against my bare leg. "What?"

"I can't feel anything with my fingers" I say quietly.

"At least you can move them" Damon says somewhat helpfully. I nod and decide to agree with him. "And you're right handed right?" I nod "Well you have nothing to worry about then"

"What about you? Are you right footed?" I ask and we both laugh slightly.

"I'm sorry" he says and winces. "About strangling you. It's bruised"

I put my good hand to my neck and shrug. "Add that to my growing list of injuries then"

He pushes himself up and I run over to help him. "Class number two?" He says.

"Worth a shot" I say.

****

Four classes and two stops later, we still haven't found the open window. I start to wonder however, why hasn't anyone came through it to get to us?

"I'm going to check the next one. Stay here" I say and start walking towards the door.

"Not a problem. I'll just go for a nap" Damon says and lies back on the table.

Pain makes him a rather humorous person I've come to realise.

I laugh quietly and walk into the next class. There's no open window but there is a gun on the windowsill. I walk towards it carefully and pick it up.

"Thought we should have a fair fight" a voice says. I spin and drop the gun. "But for that to happen you need to be holding the gun" Nora laughs spinning the knife in her hand.

I pick it up again and point it shakily at her. "There's three bullets. Make them count" she smiles and stands still.

I fire once and she laughs. "Not even close" I fire again and she laughs louder. So I fire for the last time and she hisses. "Look at that. You actually hit me" I look at her and see blood leaking from the wound on her arm, just beside the one she made herself.