Chapter 3: Mission Locket

This Chapter is dedicated to nicoletarallo for giving lots of love to my previous story ❤️
**
I entered the building and went in the waiting room. The guard said he'll inform Brandon that I'm here. I waited for a while and soon Brandon came out.
"Good to see you" He said.
I just gave him my million dollar smile but said nothing.
He asked me to follow him and I did. We entered a small room, it was dark in there. In one side of the room there was a table with a rusty looking lamp hanging above it. And 5 chairs from which three were already occupied.
"What's happening?" I asked looking at Brandon but he doesn't answer.
"Is this some kind of interrogation going on or what?" I asked but still no answer.
"Take a seat Ms.Monroe" Brandon speaks while walking towards the table and taking a seat opposite to the other 4 chairs. I quickly follow and take the seat. I look towards the other 3 people who were already sitting there. All three of them were boys. 
I look at Brandon for an explanation. He understands and starts speaking, "First of all when I talk I don't want any interruptions. Is it clear?".
We all nod.
"You four are selected to do an important mission for us. This is going to be Top Secret so you four better not discuss about this with anyone. And by that I literally mean ANYONE. Not your friends or families or anyone." He speaks.
What. The. Hell.
I did not interview for this crap. I thought this was suppose to be a detective agency.
"See guys. This is for our town's betterment." Brandon speaks.
"Is it going to be dangerous?" One of the guy asks.
"Well.. I can't really say anything about that. It can be dangerous so we'll train you first. You'll have to fight and run for your lives and what not." Brandon explains.
"Uhh.. I don't know how to fight! So I guess I'm out of this mission thing" I say as I stand up and get ready to leave.
"Uhh.. No Ms.Monroe" Brandon stops me.
"What?" I ask him.
"You were asked to take bus number 15 for a reason. It was a setup. We were testing you. The two guys you fought with were my men. And we installed a camera in Gina's purse which captured your fighting scene.
Oh damn it!
"I should've known" I mumble and sit down.
"So you four will have to find a locket and get it back to me." Brandon tells us.
"All this for a damn locket?" The guy sitting next to me speaks.
"Its not just any locket." Brandon answers and pulls his mobile out. He shows us the picture of the locket.

"Its a nice locket but why do you want us to find it?" the one sitting beside me asks

"What is it" I ask
"This belonged to my wife. It has a mini chip in it. I want you all to get that for me." Brandon answers.
"So, those dangerous people are after the chip?" The one sitting beside me asks.
"Yes Nathan" Brandon says.
"What does the chip contain information about?" The first guy asks.
Just to clear the confusion. Since I don't know their names. We're sitting in this order. Guy1, Guy2, Nathan and Me.
Guy2 hasn't spoken a word yet.
Brandon answers Guy1 saying, "It contains information about how to make a destructive bomb, Adam. My wife was on a sting operation and she found out about this. According to her, this bomb could destroy the whole town. She somehow stole the chip and hid it inside her locket. Then she ran for her life. But those people got to know the chip is missing and they figured out it was her disguised as one of their men. They went after her and she had no choice but to throw the locket in the forest."
"Do you know which forest or we have to look for it in all the forests here?" Adam asks.
"No. Actually Im sure its in the forest near the lake named Hudson Lake" Brandon tells us.
"How are you sure that its in the forest near that lake?" Nathan asks.
"Because when she threw it there she messaged me telling me she threw her locket in the forest near the lake and she wants me to find it as soon as possible. I tried finding it there but I couldn't. Besides the bad guys know me and if I even found it they'll kill me because I'm only one. With you four as a team, I'm sure you'll be able to kick their asses." Brandon explains us.

We all sit in silence. Brandon looks at us and took a deep breath. He's too curious for an answer.
"Well.. I'm up for it" Nathan breaks the silence.
"Me too" Adam speaks.
As much as I am worried about my life I still wanna do this. If those people get the locket then my family and friends and the entire world might get in danger and I do not want that. I debate for a while with myself that whether I'm worthy enough for this mission or not. I finally decided my answer.
I took a deep breath and spoke,
"Its a yes from me too".
Brandon's face lit up after hearing my answer. I just hope I live up to his expectations. So now Guy2 was still left. I have a feeling he's dead by shock because he hasn't spoken a word at all since the starting. I leaned forward to look at him but due to the bad lighting, Nathan's muscular body and also the guy wearing the hoodie cap, I couldn't see his face.
Brandon doesn't wait for Guy2's answer.
"Also, I have gathered some information on who works with those people and it seems like one of the guy graduated from the same school you both graduated." Brandon speaks and points at Guy2 and me.
What? So, Guy2 studied with me? What if I know him? It would be great to be on the mission with someone I already know. But then I didn't really have any friends. I dint even have a best-friend. The only friend I ever made turned out to be a jerk. Although I still do have a crush on him but then its not gonna happen so anyways.
"So Ms. Monroe and Mr. Miller. I want you both to be careful and also very alert. I'll try getting his picture so you both could be careful." Brandon tells us.
Mr.Miller?
Is it?
Is it him?
"Sure we will. I'll take care of Ms. Monroe and myself" he speaks finally.
It is him.
Even though its been two years I haven't spoken to him. Its been freaking two years since I last went near him. His voice is still the same.
This is why he waited till the end to speak. Because he knew if I get to know he's on this mission then I'd say no. I can't be on a mission with him. I was about to tell Brandon that I changed my mind but I couldn't. If I said no now then he'll think I still haven't moved on. And I need to prove that I did.
"So all good? Nathan, Adam, Valerie and Jeffery?" Brandon asks.
"Yup" we all say in unison.
"So you can all leave now. But come back tomorrow at the same time so I can give you some safety gadgets" Brandon tells us and we nod.
Then we stand up to leave. I wait till the end because I didn't want to see Jeff. I look around and see everyone's gone. I grab my bag and phone and head outside.
As soon as I left the building, someone grabbed my hand and pulled me and I hit a hard chest. I look up and see him. His eyes showed no emotion.
"What do you want" I ask as he leaves my arm.
"We're working on this mission together. That doesn't mean you'll get a chance to hit on me again" Jeff speaks.
"Trust me, I wouldn't even dream about doing such a bad crime" I say rudely.
"Stay out of my way and also away from me" he says in such a cold tone. It breaks my heart. What made him turn like that. He was my friend. He should have seen through my lie which I said two years back.
"I don't even wanna be near you. I'm helpless right now thats it. But I'll try my best not to come in your way. Good bye Jeffery" I answer him and walk towards the bus stop.
"Good Bye Valsie" Jeff shouts.

Did he just call me Valsie?

*****
A/N: I really do hope you guys are enjoying the story so far. Please leave a feedback! xx