Allergies?

Dick is still 5, please comment, vote, and follow! ~SmartCookies1

I was at school with Y/N and then the teacher gave us our lunches. Mine was peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Y/N had a regular sandwich with ham and cheese. I took a bite and then all of a sudden I felt itchy.

"Are you ok?" Y/N asked me.

I shook my head no and I my stomach started to hurt. I started to cry.

Y/Y shot up out of her seat and went to go the the teacher.

"Are you allergic to Peanut butter?" The teacher asked me.

I shook my head and said. "No." I started to rub my stomach and the teacher called Bruce.

My breathing started to become heavy and I started to sway. I then passed out.

I don't know what it's like when you have an allergic reaction so I just tried to make it dramatic.

I woke up and rubbed my eyes. "Daddy?" I asked. I looked around and I was in a white hospital room.

"Daddy?!" I asked as I started to tear up.

"Hello?" I asked in a quiet voice.

Nobody was there. I started to cry.

The lights started to flicker and I got scared.

~Bruce's POV~

Dick was still sleeping but then he started mumbling stuff then he started crying.

I shook him awake and he shot up.

His bottom lip was quivering and he started sobbing. I pulled him into a hug and he cried.

"Y-you w-weren't t-there. I-I w-was S-scared." He said as he started crying harder.

I kissed his head and put him in my lap. I rocked him back and forth as he slowly fell back asleep.

The doctor came in and said. "He developed allergies and before he wasn't allergic to peanuts but it was in his father's recessive gene."

I nodded and the doctor left.

I cradled my son in my arms. "I love you Dick, I'll never leave you." I said.

~time skip to a couple weeks later~

Some kid decided to pick on Dick and it had something to do with peanut butter.

Dick ended up going home and I put Dick on the counter.

I gave him his medicine.

He looked so sad. "Dick what's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing." Dick said. He was obviously lying.

"Dick your a bad liar what's wrong?" I asked.

"Alec told me that I'm just a charity case, he told me that you only took me in for poperazzi. Not because you love me." Dick said. A couple of tears fell.

"Dick look at me." I said.

He glanced at me but then looked down.

I lifted his head and kissed his forhead. "I love you. You are my son and no matter what people say, I took you in because I love you Dick." I said as I pulled him in a hug.

He cried a little bit but said. "I love you too."