Enemies and Allies

Jeffrey, Fletcher, and Emma guided Maria and Erin around the school. Jeffrey's asthma acted up more than once, but they were all happy to stop and talk. They all laughed and chattered, and they finally able to meet Fletcher's friends in his roomy quarters.

"Hello! I'm Genevieve," one girl said. She had wild ginger hair, and her green eyes seemed to be comforting to Erin. She even had a blue Mite that was flying around her head; it was called Azure.

"I'm Rory!" one boy said. He was a boisterous young man, and his earthy brown Mite, Malachi, seemed to have the same amount of energy.

"Seraph," the other said. He was a handsome boy with tanned skin and dark hair. He seemed very friendly and intellectual. Sliver was also very impressive. The Barkling was similar to a badger, although badgers obviously did not look like bark or have poisonous spines.

"I'm Atlas!" said another. He was chubbier than the other one, and his face was red and happy. His Lutra, Barbarous according the boy, looked like an oversized otter with a morning star for a tail and two gigantic incisors.

"Othello," muttered the dwarf. He had long, dark red hair and mustache. He looked very powerful, yet he was as small as a child. His demon was a short Golum that appeared to be a small child made of rocks with black beady eyes and thumbs. Othello looked at ground and wouldn't meet their eyes. However, this provided some relief to Erin; he was happy he wasn't the only shy one there.

"Sylva," said the elf. Her silver hair wrapped around her pointy ears, and her eyes reminded Erin of the blue skies back home. Her snow white Canid, Sariel, also reminded him of the dogs that trotted around the streets to rob the butcher of meat. He began to feel a bit homesick, but he pushed the feeling away. He could feel bad later.

"I'm Maria Esperanzo, and he is..." Maria started.

"Erin Autre," Erin finished.

"Of course," Maria said. "I feel like such a fool for forgetting your name!" She giggled at her mistake, and the others began to relax. It wasn't every day to meet a nice noble.

"How about we go down to eat?" Emma suggested. "You do realize its dinner, right?"

"It is?" Erin asked. Time flew very fast for him. He was beginning to enjoy them.

"Great! I'm starving," Atlas said. He was the first to leave the door, and the others followed him willingly. They all chattered happily, but a grey cloud came upon them.

Two twins stood and talked at the bottom of the stairs. The boy had the features of what you would expect of a handsome prince, like perfect blonde curls and chiseled cheekbones. His cold, grey eyes were a stark contrast of Maria's; he didn't seem like a good friend. The elfin girl was equally as bratty as her brother, but she was more chatty and girly.

"Maria darling!" the girl exclaimed. "Why are you hanging out with them?!" She seemed horrified to see nobles with others.

"Oh, but they're so friendly, Issy!" Maria said. Issy? Erin thought.

"Friendly? More like atrocious," the boy stated. "As your older cousin, I feel obligated to show you the correct way of living here. However, I'm happy you managed to be with the Hoseki family" Emma growled at the boy's comment, but the others had other things on their mind.

"Cousin?!" Fletcher and Erin yelped. The angry cloud was replaced by one of surprised feeling and confusion. How could an enjoyable girl be related to malicious nobles?

"Don't be so vociferous," Maria said, "and don't be such a grouch Tarquin! They're nicer than you think!"

"Hmph, and to think what your father would say," Tarquin grumbled. "Come with me dear." He went up the stairs to grab her, but Erin stepped in the way.

"Hey!" Erin stated. "If she wants to be with us, then let her be!" He was sick and tired of people like them. He wasn't going to let him get what he wants.

"Get out of the way!" Tarquin hissed.

"No," Erin replied bluntly. Maria looked shocked at the reply; the others, however, were having big smiles.

"Do you want to end up in the infirmary?" the boy snarled. A three-headed demon showed itself. Its lizard like body was as big as the Canid, and its three heads looked like snakes. It hissed at the blocker, and it looked eager to bite him.

"It's your first time seeing a Hydra I bet," Tarquin babbled. As the demon moved side to side, Erin began to panic. He never seen one before, and he didn't know anything about it.

Ignatius and the Golem moved up front and challenged the beast.

"Let's see who wins," Fletcher said venomously. The owners and the demons were eager to fight and were ready to do the first move.

Suddenly, there was a big flash of light inbetween the fighters. When it died down, an Alicorn and a Draken stood in the way. The majestic, white Alicorn flapped its wings and pointed its horn at Tarquin. The other was like a miniature dragon, and it huffed a little bit of poisonous gas from its snout at the two other demons.

"Enough!" Emma roared. "Fletcher, Othello, keep your demons under control!"

"Tarquin, put the Hydra away," Maria said calmly. "I'll stay with the commoners, whether you like it or not." The two girls stood their ground as the speech took its effect. Tarquin scoffed and made his Hydra disappear as Fletcher and Othello told their demons to retreat.

"Hmph, fine," said Tarquin. "You'll regret it." He and "Issy" swiftly walked away as the group calmed down.

"I'm sorry if they were mean," Maria said softly. She began to be shy and looked away. "I'll try to talk some sense into them, but they probably won't-"

"Don't worry about it," Erin said. "It's fine."

"Yeah," said Fletcher. They all chorused and comforted Maria.

After that was over, Erin said, "So, are we going to eat or what?"

"Let's go," said Emma. She managed to crack a smile, and they went back to the merry ways.

While they were all laughing and smiling, Emma slipped a note into Fletcher's hand. Fletcher, confused by the sudden letter, opened the note a little bit.

Beware of Erin.

Fletcher was befuddled and looked at Erin, now happy and smiling. What could be so dangerous about him?

________

Hi! Okay, this one I'm definitely going to continue. I don't own Summoner; TaranMatharu does. So, yeah. If you read my other works, you know the drill. If you didn't, just check out my other works please. Bye! :P

Comment. Vote. Follow. Keep Reading and Writing!