Chapter Five

At first, his mate didn't respond to his kiss, but then he felt her small hands touch his chest. Taking that as her acceptance of his kiss, Ignes deepened their kiss by slanting his mouth over hers more and cupping the back of her head. She had the softest lips and tasted better than dew off a Lori flower.

He then felt the first tentative touches of her tongue on his lips and parted them to grant her access. The taste of her lips was drugging enough, but he wanted to taste all of her.

He felt her hesitate for just a moment before plunging her tongue and learning his taste. He groaned at the feel of his mate's tongue in his mouth and wrapped an arm around her. Bringing her closer to his already aroused body. Ignes didn't care if he was covered in blood. His mate wanted him and the thought of her getting hurt brought out all his protective instincts.

Jennie didn't know what to say when Ignes stepped up to her and lifted her chin to meet his eyes. She saw a glimmer of concern and something else before he kissed her. It was a fast claiming of the mouth, and it had her soaked before she could take her next breath.

Damn, he could kiss! Her toes were curling in her tennis shoes, and she had to reach out with both hands to steady herself. She never went weak in the knees over a kiss, but this one male had her breathless.

Once she touched his firm, muscled chest, he must have taken that as a signal to deepen their kiss and boy did he ever light her fire! He slanted his firm, silky lips over hers and cupped the back of her head to get a better angle. That was all it took before instinct took over and she let her tongue lick at his lips.

She was surprised when he granted access and she hesitated all but a few seconds before entering. Oh hell, he tasted better than chocolate and sweeter than any fruit she could name. His taste was addictive, and she plundered for more. She faintly heard him groan and didn't pay any heed when he brought her up against his hard, aroused body. She was in heaven, and nothing could make her stop from wanting him.

Jennie felt her pussy start to ache and her clit began to throb. She moaned against Ignes and brought her hands to wrap around his thick neck. She was on fire, and she wanted him to fuck her. Fast and hard. She didn't care if Andan was standing there.

Wait... Andan! Jennie quickly broke the kiss and shoved Ignes. He must have not been prepared for that, because he slightly stumbled back before regaining his balance.

"W-we can't Ignes," she said breathlessly before glancing over at Andan and then felt herself blush.

Ignes felt his mate break the kiss and shoved him... hard. He was not expecting this reaction, and it took him off guard. The slight stumble he took was embarrassing and he righted himself quickly enough. He was so distracted by his mate, that he didn't even know she was breaking contact and about to push him away.

At first, he was hurt, and then he got angry. His mate shouldn't push him away! He could smell her desire and her need to have sex. He was more than willing. The aching member in his pants told him she was ready and fertile. All he had to was, strip her naked and fuck her till dawn comes. He wanted to claim what was his. The tattoos on his body even ached for him to finish his claim.

He was about to open his mouth and let his little mate know as much when he heard her speak. Then he glanced over at Andan and then saw his mate blush.

Ignes sighed and reached out of his mate, "Come. We will now head home. We both need a bath my little Feri."

Andan didn't say a word and mounted his beast quickly before urging it into motion. He had never seen his friend lose all focus and let sexual desire consume him. If he had any doubts his friend found his true mate, then tonight killed any doubts. The Earth female had his friend wrapped around her little finger and she didn't even know it yet.

He kept his beast at a slow pace while Ignes and Jennie caught up to him. Neither said a word, but Andan glanced back to make sure both were fine. His friend had a pained expression on his face, and the female wouldn't meet his eyes.

Shaking his head, he realized Earth females were a strange breed. He hoped to the Goddess she never paired him with one. For his friend was going to have his hands full with that one and part of him felt sorry for his friend. The other part was happy that Ignes finally had a female to claim. It was something they use to talk about in their youth. Smiling softly at the memories, he almost didn't hear the screech in the air or feel the Veloo pounce until it was too late.

Ignes watched in horror as a solid white Veloo screeched before running and pouncing on Andan. Night had come to Tnari, and that meant the Goddess now slept. When the Goddess slept, all the wild creatures on Tnari went hunting. This is why he wanted home before dark. They were but a few short miles away from home, but the Veloo were extremely lethal when the Goddess slept.

She no longer could communicate with them or control their movements. They were now officially on their own. Even their mounts were becoming very skittish and now it took both hands to control Adim beneath him. He prayed he could save his friend. Veloo were nasty and loved the taste of Doshoua and Tnarians alike.

He ignored his female's scream as he began chanting while he watched Andan use a small dagger from his boot to keep the Veloo at bay. But his rich black blood was seeping from claw marks from where the Veloo scratched him on his back. They looked deep, and he knew if he didn't dispatch this particular beast, others would soon follow. For Veloo hunted in packs and one was bad enough, but a whole pack would mean their end.