Chapter 1

Brief note: Smut warning, so if you don't like smut, stop reading at the three stars.

Chapter 1

            Just as every Saturday night had commenced for the past couple of months, the pack sat in Derek’s loft on the large grey U-turn sofa; I sat at one end leaning on the armrest with my ankle balanced on my knee, my foot tapped the air as Scott told embarrassing stories about me, and trust me, there are a lot. Scott sat next to me, Isaac next to him, Ethan sat cross legged next to Isaac, Aiden had both of his arms draped over the back of the sofa with his legs spread open next to his twin, Lydia sat with her legs on Aiden’s lap, Allison sat next to her and Kira sat in the far corner of the sofa with her legs under her butt. Finally, there was Derek, in all his masculine glory, taking up the opposite side of the sofa; he sat in a position much similar to Aiden’s, but Derek had one arm on the armrest with a beer in his hand, the other hand rubbed his face as he chuckled at what Scott was saying. He did so enjoy my torture nowadays.

Derek’s eyes lingered on mine and the burning intensity behind them made me look away, we were eating dinner we had all chipped in to make… okay, that was a lie; we all chipped in to buy the pizza.

            “So I say to Stiles, as he stands in the pouring rain, ‘You got bit by bat, you’re not a vampire, but you are an idiot!’” Scott’s bellowing laughter rang around the room, chorused by the laughter of our friends; I smiled sheepishly. His story was true, but it was a long time ago. Derek’s laugh was small and subtle, but it shone in his eyes like the Batman sign.

            “Well, before Scott makes any more wise cracks at my expense, could you steer me in the direction of your alcohol, Derek?” I looked at him expectantly and he raised an eyebrow as a smirk snaked across his face.

            “C’mon, we’ve got SAT’s coming up, this could be our last chance to relax and unwind!” I groaned as I ran for the kitchen. I flipped open different cupboards, Derek glided slowly over to the kitchen and leaned his crossed arms on the cold island bar. He watched me with a knowing look in his eyes.

            He had to have like, a bottle of Jack or something somewhere, surely!

            When every cupboard door hung open I turned to him with my hands on my hips; he looked smug and I glared at him. He stood up and made his way up the spiral staircase, he came back down after less than a minute with a half full bottle of Jack Daniels; I knew he was a JD drinker; I have for a few months.

            Derek started arriving at my bedroom window in the middle of the night just before Christmas, at first I thought it was kinda creepy, but then I got used to leaving it open so he could just come on in. We did all sorts until I physically couldn’t stay awake any longer; I taught him how to play chess, we played music to each other to pass time, but mostly, we just talked. Of course, I did most of the talking; he was all eyebrows, grunts and moody looks, but I soon learned how to read him.

            “Now you’re speaking my language!” I grinned as he rolled his eyes.

            “No Stiles, I don’t think anybody speaks your language,” He smirked up at me; his eyes looked at me from under his lashes and a part of me heated at the suggestive look there.

            “Stiles get some glasses!” Isaac called and Scott scoffed, looking at Isaac with a raised eyebrow.

            “What, you can’t go up and help?” Scott’s voice was light and teasing and Isaac raised both of his eyebrows challengingly; he sprung from the sofa and made a point of gathering glasses with me.