Chapter 1

Monday, the worst day of the week.

Especially for Jeremy Heere. An awakard, horny teenage boy. He shuffled past a small group of the more 'popular' juniors.

The gossip girls as Jeremy called them. 

Jeremy fixed his messy bed head and ran into a short tempered teen. Rich.

Since sophomore year Rich made Jeremy's life living hell. Well, more than it already was.

"Yo! Watch it tall ass!" Rich snapped.

Jeremy quickly tried to explain but the shorter male shoved him against a set of lockers, face first and he kept him there.  The taller one let out a small groan.

Rich pulled out a sharpie and wrote something onto the others bag.

"Wash this off and you're dead" Rich said with a small hiss in his voice.

"Yo, Jakey D!"

He pushed Jeremy out of the way and grinned happily at his best friend Jake.

Jeremy heard them high five and talk about something but he couldn't quite catch it.

Without a second thought, Jeremy turned the corner to his classroom and walked in, taking his seat close to the back. The bell rang and he felt a hand in his hair before the teacher, Mrs. Mell, started class. He smiled softly, she always felt like the mom he missed.

After two more classes the lunch bell finally rang. Jeremy jumped out of his seat and walked to lunch. He paused and watched three seniors for a moment.

Jeremy turned the other way but heard a small comment from the shorter senior, with glasses.

"It's very school shooter chic" he said with a sarcastic tone. The other two seemed to only roll their eyes at the comment.

Jeremy grabbed a tray and got his lunch. A carton milk, some fruit, a side and some sandwich thing. He really didn't care.

Jeremy looked up, after getting his food ans sitting down. He saw a red hooded teen, swing his hips to whatever song he was listening to in those big headphones of his.

Jeremy sighed and grinned a bit at his childhood friend. Michael Mell.

They survived childhood together. Nightmares, hang overs, game night, even Jeremy's parents divorce. They had each others backs.

Michael slid next to his friend smiling happily as he finished his Bob Marley song. He took his headphones off.

"How was class? You look like ass, what's wrong?" Michael asked as he shoved a sushi roll into his mouth.

Jeremy pulled his bag off his shoulder and held it up.

"Boyf? What does that even mean?" Jeremy asked with a small sigh

Michaels cheeks were dusted pink as he set his bag next to his friends.

Boyf reinds

"I hate this school" Jeremy huffed.

"So what's the big news?" Michael hummed setting his bag down.

"Well," Jeremy started "I wrote Christine a letter, telling her how I feel"

Michael felt a pang of jealousy.

"Thats progress!" He beamed.

Jeremy smiled.

"Yeah, I tore it up and flushed it!" He said happily.

Michael groaned.

"Its still progress" Jeremy mumbled.

Michael put a hand on his friends shoulder, telling him about some episode of Discovery channel he watched.

"Why try to be cool when you can be-" Jeremy cut Michael off.

"Signing up for the school play!" Jeremy beamed.

"I was gonna say getting stoned in my basement" Michael huffed.

"No I mean, look who's signing up for the play!" Jeremy squished his friends cheeks and turned his head toward the sign-up sheet.

Christine

Michael rolled his eyes as his friend walked over to the sheet, grabbed the pen and wrote his name. A voice yelled out

"Gay!"

The whole lunchroom filled with various teens laughter. Jeremy bit his lip and walked back to his seat with Michael.

The two gathered their things as the bell rang for next hour. Biology, Geometry, Gym then the end of the day.

Jeremy and Michael met up after gym and they started on their way to Jeremy's house.

Jeremy quietly hoped that one day, someone, something would make him cool. To help him survive.

Updated: 2/8/19