The knock

Tords POV

          I walked up to Edd's door. I stood there, doubting my thoughts for a moment. Why am I here? Well, I did leave them a while ago. It's only humane to apologize. So I knocked on the door. The moments between when I knocked and when Edd opened the door felt like forever. It was late, and dead silent. I could feel myself sweating, it's been two years since I had last seen them when I moved out. What would they think of me now? Will they forgive me? Was it worth comi-

        Edd opened the door, looking quite tired. That only lasted for a few seconds, though. 

        "TORD?! Is that YOU?" Edd said, almost yelling.

        "Heh, yeah it's me..." I said, tryng to keep my self control. I was happy to see him. I hope he's happy to see me, though.

       "Tord! Come in, come in. It's been a while."

        "Edd, I'm sorry."

        "For what?" Edd looked at me quite confused. "You didn't do anything."

        "What do you mean? You have no reason to be so nice to me! I don't deserve this," I said as I felt myself start to tremble. "I just- I left you guys! I'm just.. I'm so sorry."

        "Wow, Tord... That.. That means a lot. But don't worry, I was never mad," Edd looked at me sympathetically and smiled. "I understand. And it's fine."

        Right then and there, I broke down. I was a hot mess. No one should ever have to see me like this. I coughed and I felt my face tense up as tears rolled down my cheek. One after another. Over and over. I couldn't help myself, and to think I had a friend as caring as Edd, who noticed right away and hugged me which helped, more than one would expect.

        Quickly though, the moment ended when I heard a familiar voice yell down the stairs.

        "What the hell am I hearing? Who's crying?" 

        It was Tom, the shithead. He walked down the stairs emotionless, and when he looked at my eyes red which were from crying for a moment, he just looked even more dead inside, God, I hate when he does that. Those dark voids one would call "eyes." Tom shifted his attention away from me, and to Edd. 

        "What the fuck is Tord doing here? Is he fucking insane?" Tom asked, obviously irritated, but somewhat surprised.

        "Tom, you're being rude. Tord actually came here to apologize." Edd snapped at Tom.

        "Oh really," Tom walked straight up to me, confident, with a furrowed brow. He was a few inches away from me when he said "I've got to hear this." He smirked and looked down at me, waiting for me to respond.

        I don't know why, how, or what I was doing, but it's something that I will probably regret. I hugged Tom. Unconsciously, it was more like a reflex. Tightly, I hugged him, I really did miss him, even though part of me hated him. 

(Thanks for reading. Excuse my terrible writing skills. I suck, but I need to let out my love for Tomtord. Haha bye. I'll update really often.)