Chapter 1

Hayley P.O.V.

I never knew that if I would fall in love, bad things would happen. I never knew that when a boy saved your life, he can automatically date another girl at the same time. I never knew if you hit someone with your car, they expected you to love them. If I had known, I wouldn't be in a dire situation right now. Andy told me he didn't love me anymore, and I've known for a long time now, but then why do I feel so...empty? Andy and Juliet decided to stay in Massachusetts, and it's driving me insane. I have to drive by their house so I could take summer courses at Harvard so I could graduate. But now school has been getting quite boring, I know I've wanted to be a doctor for so long but, it's not the same anymore. I'm doubting everything I've ever believed in.

Josh's P.O.V.

I'm terrified. I know it could be so easy just to maybe kiss her, or just flat out tell her but, I'm afraid. I know it just Hayley, but I don't know how she would react. Would she hate me, or return my affection? Andy and I have become okay friends looking after Hayley in the hospital, and he texted me that he told Hayley and she didn't really respond. And I know her, and he knows her. This is unusual. Hayley usually would just start to scream or slap him or cry or beg him to stay. But she didn't. Andy told me that she just kissed him, looked sadly into his eyes and walked away. Just walked away?! This isn't like Hayley. My Hayley was funny, kind,beautiful,intelligent,and most of all...unforgiving. It's like...she already knew. But how could she know?! She was dead for about 4 minutes how could she possibly know? Well Andy has already finished recording his band's album and he's back. Juliet and him are living in a house near Hayley's. I bet it's heartbreaking to see someone you loved with another girl who practically just lives 2 blocks away.

Andy's P.O.V.

Hayley is worrying me. I haven't heard from her, seen her, or even talked to hear in about a month. I see her car drive down the street, but is she really behind the wheel? Juliet and I are staying at my old house. It's hard to look into her eyes and not see Hayley's.

Hayley's P.O.V.

"I've hated your hair before, but this is way uglier." I hear giggles behind me. I thought I would escape the torments form Velinda this summer, but now someone from her posse is continuing it. I though I would learn to love med school, but it's not fun anymore. The bullying has gotten worse. ""Hey, I was talking to you, BloodHead." I roll my eyes. "Obviously my hair is orange, not red." I muttered. "Whatcha say to me." Maurice blocked my path. Her steel gray eyes were about about an inch from mine. "I didn't stutter." I said, clenching my fist. Maurice swung her fist, and a shock of pain came flying into my jaw. Her long leg came out of nowhere, knocking the wind out of my stomach. I fell to the floor, spots in my vision. "Don't mess with me." Maurice whispered, her silence convincing me that she was really upset. I heard her stiletto high heel footsteps fade away, and I just lay on the cold tile floor for a while, letting the cold seep into my bones. It reminded me of the time I met Nicole. I need her now, more than ever before. I need her to convince me it will be all right. I need her.