Chapter 2

Hayley's P.O.V.

I dropped out

~

~

~

I have no idea why. I just felt like there was no use. No use at all saving people's loves. It was like... it wasn't my desicion. It was like an outside force compelled me to walk during to the main office and quit. So now I don't have anything to do with my life; I ruined my opportunity to save people's lives. To save people who fall off buildings like I did. I think it was the thought of having to care for people who are on the edge of dying, who I will transport to a place where their guardian angels are, like mine with Nicole. I hate to see people die, I hate to see people have no option like I did. It's not fair. Soldiers are protecting our country and die, but I jump out of a 5 story building and I get an option to love. I should have died, and someone out there should have lived. I should have died. I should have died. I should have let someone live. What am I going to do with my life now that I have nothing going for me? I ruined it.

~

~

~

~

By living

~

~

~

Josh's P.O.V.

I rented a house near Hayley's yesterday, I didn't have much belongings so moving in was a breeze. I don't have anything to do during the day, so I was just sitting around, examining the bare skeleton of the house that belonged to someone else.

Hayley's P.O.V.

I decided to watch the rain fall to the ground through the window. I made hot cocoa and I am no watching the little kids on my street play in the rain. I feel like a retired woman; having nothing to do but watch out the window. I sighed. I put my hot cocoa down on the coffee table and slipped on my raincoat. I don't know where I was going, I just felt driven to leave the house. I got in my car and started it. I sat in the running car for a moment, just staring out the window. I started to drive, thinking. I drove into the city, where the tall brick buildings towered over the tiny pedestrians. It's was dark and it was drizzling. I walked past a bar, the stench of vomit and alcohol wafted into my nose. I coughed, I haven't drank liquor since when I was still in a relationship with Andy. I nervously peered through its windows. It was a bar for motorcycle men, burly men with tattoos, piercings and leather vests. One burly man with short black cropped hair,bulging muscles, scars on his face and tattoos met my eyes. I ducked down and tried to hide myself against the wall. As soon as I looked away, the burly man stepped out of the bar. The drizzle made him look more menacing. "What's a pretty girl like you doing in a place like this?" His breath reeked of strong alcohol and cigarette smoke. I tried not to cringe as he stepped closer. "I-I was just walking around." I replied, my voice wavering. I stepped back, and noticed that there was a dark alley next to the bar. "I should be going now." I ran into the dark alley and shuddered in the dark as the burly man followed me. There were a line of doors on the side of the building across the bar. Apartments. I trudged to the last doorway near the dead end of the alley. "I live here ya know?" I mentally slapped myself. Now this guy knows where I "live". Hopefully he'll leave me alone. I got my ring of keys out of my pocket and fumbled with them, acting as if I'm going to unlock one of the doors. The burly man's breath curled into my nose making the the ring of keys fumble in my hands. "Oh where is that darn key?!" I muttered nervously. I picked a key and inserted it into the keyhole while the burly man stood behind me, watching. The key didn't fit. "Get in there, dang flabbit!" I yelled in frustration. The man twisted my shoulder so I could look into his scarred face. "I didn't think you lived here." He threw me on the asphalt. I crawled into the corner, putting my hands up in front of my face. "I don't have money!!" I yelped. The man stood over me cracking his knuckles. He pulled me up by my hoodie shirt, my bare back scraping against the brick. I cried out in pain as the man pushed my shoulders against the wall. He leaned in close, and I tried not to vomit in his face from his breath. He grit his teeth and pulled back his arm, as if he were going to punch me. "Hey!" The burly man turned around his fist still in midair. A figure stood in the opening of the alley. "You know boys aren't supposed to hit girls, right?" The figure approached us. The man put his hand down and glared at me for one last time. "Next time, sweetie." As he walked away, my stomach lurched at the sound of the word sweetie. I slid against the brick wall, trying not to tremble in fear as the figure approached further. Did he drive away the other man just to have me for himself? A familiar silhouette came into view, and my mouth twitched as if I wanted to smile, but couldn't after a lot of time frowning. "Aren't you a magnet for trouble,Hayley." The familiar voice rang out. "Why did you save me, Josh?" I whispered, still huddled against the wall. "Why would I ever hurt you?" Josh stood in front of me, offering his hand to help me up. I took his hand reluctantly, my hair falling into my face as I stared at my feet awkwardly. "I'm sorry for all I did to you Hayley. Ya know, I-I really am. You know what they say....broken hearts cause anger." Josh stuttered, running his fingers through his brown hair. "Do they say that?" I giggled. "Well, I guess I say that." Josh stared into my eyes for a long time, but I never looked away. I guess it was the feeling of grief, a feeling of loneliness, and maybe a little feeling of rebelliousness, but I reached over and pressed my lips to his. I missed the feeling, the shape of his lips on mine, the feeling of being safe.

Andy's P.O.V.

I have nothing to do with my time nowadays. Sometimes I just sit around and watch T.V., but it gets really boring. So I decided to go to a bar by myself. "Hey! Juliet! I'm going to hang with the guys!" I called out into the practically empty house. It wasn't particularly a lie; I was going out,just not with the guys.I got in my car and drove away, eager to have some alone time. I parked my car in form of a bar. I walked into the bar with a gait of confidence, because this was a tough guys' bar, and I'm a tough guy, right? There were gigantic, muscly men everywhere and I felt out of place so i tried not to show it. I sat in an empty barstool and ordered some liquor, trying not to think about a certain someone who drank it. "Hey!" I felt someone pat my back. I turned around to see Josh, one of my good friends. "Hey!" I smirked. I patted the empty barstool next to me. "Sit down buddy." Josh obediently sat down. "So what has been going on?" Josh smiled. "Nothing much, you?' I shrugged, feeling the tips of my lips curving upwards. "Nothing much, but I wanted to ask...have you heard from Hayley?" Josh asked innocently, tracing the patterns in the wooden bar. The name ripped open a wound in my heart I tried to stitch. "No, you?" I replied, trying not to choke on the tears collecting in my eyes. I took a sip out of the liquor, to dull the pain. Now I know why she always drank. "Nah, so how are things with you and Juliet?" Josh asked, looking at the hardwood floor. "Fine. D'you have a girl of your own?" I asked, and instantly regretted it because he looked up, and his face was clouded darkly with something familiar I forgot was called. Remorse? Regret? Loneliness? Longing? The scraping of a chair on the hardwood floor made me look away. A gigantic man had left the bar, with half of his drink left behind. Weird. I turned back around and found Josh staring out the window. I sat there in silence, occasionally sipping the liquor. Then that was when I heard the scream. Josh's head perked up. It was a girl's scream, and sounded strangely familiar. Hayley. Josh stood up and raced out of the bar, I followed. Josh stood in the alley next to the bar and some apartments. "Hey!" He yelled. I peered out the side of the bar's walls. Josh was probably going to save the day anyways. She's probably not want to see me. The gigantic man that had left the bar so suddenly was holding her up by her sweater against the brick wall, her bare stomach exposed. She looked so afraid, so fragile. His fist was about a centimeter away from her face."You know boys aren't supposed to hit girls, right?" Josh dumbly lamented. My palms became clammy, what if Josh can't save her? The guy let her go and walked away, shoving Josh and giving me an evil glare, back into the bar. Josh walked into the alley, approaching Hayley's huddled figure on the ground. Josh started to talk, but I couldn't hear them. He offered her a hand up. Josh combed his hair back with his fingers, nervously. Is he in love with her? He said something and Hayley giggled. A fit of jealousy shortened my breaths. I never used to make her laugh like that. And then faster than I could think, they kissed. I watched the romantic sight, feeling betrayed. I shouldn't feel this way, I have Juliet now. Josh had no one. I should feel happy. I shouldn't feel jealous, or envious. I shook my head and turned away and walked back into the bar, leaving Josh and Hayley behind. I sat back down and drank away all of the feelings I ever had for Hayley.

Josh's P.O.V.

I walked into my bedroom and scavenged through one of my dresser drawers that held all of my pictures with Hayley.

I looked at these sometimes, when I felt lonely. Then the doorbell rang. I ran to go answer it, hoping that it would be Hayley. Last night was a peculiar evening for me, probably because Hayley kissed me. But as I opened the door, a blonde girl with shimmery pink lip gloss awaited me. "Who are you?" I asked, scowling. "Do you like, not remember me? Um let me think of a way to spark your memory, a make out session next to your dead to the world girlfriend in a hospital room?" She droned sarcastically. "She's not my girlfriend." I growled. "Good!" Sophie clasped her hands together. "What is that supposed to mean?" I said, confused. "I like what you did things a few weeks ago, Josh." Sophie took me by the shoulders and looked me in the eyes. "And I want you to be mine." I pushed her away, frantic to get away. "I'm not interested in you." I slammed the door in her face. I heard Sophie cry out in pain as her foot kept the door from slamming. I kicked her injured foot out of the way and locked the door. I went back to sitting on the couch and staring at the walls, this time daydreaming about Hayley.

We Are Broken: Hayley Williams + Andy Biersack + Josh Farro (#3 in TOE)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें