Chapter 2

General Pov

Makarov stumbled backwards and crashed painfully against the ground; Acnologia towering above him with a sense of triumph and he forced his claws into the old man's chest. The dragon snarled and continued to inflict pain upon Fairy Tail's 3rd master; but even the agonizing pain, Makarov managed to stifle out a dry laugh.

'For the first time...'

'I was finally acting like a real parent'

'Now, l have no more regrets...'

Makarov thought as he turned his head to the side and allowed his vision to go blurry with tears, and slowly he was allowing himself to slip into unconsciousness—he didn't feel guilty that he was inflicting sadness and pain into his brats, because he knew that this way he was allowing them to have a future, so they could all follow their dreams and not suffer the same fate as him.

Just as he was about to slip away for the last time; the sound of padding feet against the ground caught his attention.

Makarov's eyes snapped open as he watched a familiar mop of pink hair and white, silver hair passed his face. He opened his mouth to speak, but no words came out as he watched in disbelief as Natsu and Freedom began climbing Acnologia defiantly.

Acnologia removed his claw from Makarov's chest and walked backwards, shaking his side in an attempt to shake Natsu and Freedom off his side. The dragon let out a low growl, but Makarov's attention was soon switched to the rest of his brats entering the scene with anger evident on their faces.

"FAIRY TAIL, CHARGE!" Erza yelled, pointing her sword towards the beast that snarled at them.

Magic attacks were thrown at the dragon mercilessly: giving the dragon zero time to launch a counter-attack in its defence.

Makarov watched with disbelief as his brats disobeyed him once more. "You little..." he began, but struggled to finish his sentence as he began to cry. He was, of course, appreciative that his brats would come back for him and fight defiantly; but he was furious that they would disobey him and place their lives no the line for him—an old man that just wants to rest in peace!

"Just so you know, l was all up for the idea of evacuating," someone suddenly spoke from Makarov's left, but he didn't need to look over to know who it was. Laxus smirked and folded his arm as he started at his grandpa with a sense of pride. "But do you really think your guild is the type of people to run away and leave their old, frail master behind to die?"

It didn't take long until the dragon fought back, forcing everyone off their feet and flying backwards a meter or two.

Eventually, the dragon had enough and launched itself back in the air; where everyone knew that it'd have the higher advantage. Freedom glared upwards at the beast and clenched her fists.

"Our attacks didn't have a single effect on it!" Freedom shouted, placing up her guard as she watched Acnologia's every single move.

Mirajane turned to face Levy, who was deep in thought of something serious. "Defence-magic users, we need you to come up with your strongest of spells quickly!" Mirajane ordered, locking eyes with Freed who nodded at her demand.

"There's not enough time to draw the seals!" Freed answered in a rushed panic, his eyes wide and frantic.

Levy held up her hand with a small beam. "There's plenty of spells that don't require symbols or seals!" She reminded him, watching as Freed let out a relieved sigh; but he felt silly knowing that he panicked for nothing.

Lisanna turned to face everyone else. "Everyone focus your magic on Freed!"

Mirajane held out her hand for Freedom to take, which she gladly took. "Let's hold hand!" Mirajane and Freedom suggested in sync.