Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Rory's P.O.V.

I can't sleep. At ALL. I was stuck being awake thinking about Julian's offer. I wanted to trust him but what if it was a trap? I tossed and turned the whole night, waking up very groggy and grumpy. We went downstairs to eat at the breakfast buffet. Angela wasn't talking, which was unusual.

"Angela is something wrong?" I asked here stuffing more eggs in my mouth.

"I have to go back to Breaux Bridge Rory." she blurted, I stopped mid-chew.

"What? Why?"

"I miss home. I even miss working at Starbucks, but I'm probably going to be fired when I get back. I went to Louisiana for a reason, and it's being put on hold because of Hunters disappearance. I mean I do want to help you find him, really! It's just that... I have a dream to fulfill." she let out a deep sigh.

"It's ok. You can go back."

"Thanks Rory."

~~~~

After Angela left for home, Sam and I began considering Julian's offer.

"I'm just afraid that we can't trust him." I tell Sam.

"I know, but we may never find Hunter." we pause in thought.

"Call him." I finally said.

~~~~

"So you've become smart now huh?" Julian smirked, we were at his house. I took a seat at the dining room table and I heard Sam grumble.

"Just tell us what you know."

"What do you want to know?"

"Where is he?"

"He's here, in South Carolina and-"

"How?! He was in California when we last saw him!" Sam shouted accusingly.

"That I don't know, remember I'm not the leader of this thing." Sam slumped back into his chair. "But as I was saying, his kidnapper is a girl, her name is Tessa Clay. Tessa's sister was an old friend of Hunters."

"Why aren't they friends anymore?"

"She's dead." he said blandly.

"Oh, how did she die?" I could see a chill go through Julian.

"That is not my job to tell you."

"Oh... so does Tessa think that it's Hunters fault for her sister's death?"

"Yes! You catch on quickly."

"So Tessa's motive is grief from her sisters death?"

"That's what I think."

"When did this happen?"

"In the summer of his eleventh grade, Ms. Clay-"

"Did you say Clay?" Sam's head shot up and Julian nodded. "Hunter's told me about her before, her sisters name was Valerie I think, yeah Valerie."

"What if Tessa's revenge is to kill Hunter because her sisters dead?!" I shrieked suddenly. "We have to go!"

"Calm down! I know what her next move is, but were going to need supplies."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HEEYYYYYY so no Hunter in this, sorry. BUT I will do Angela's once in a while, just to show what's going on in Louisiana.

STAY CRAY

Lia