A Brief Moment

It had been a few days since Tessa got back and everyone in the house was getting on great. The energy was radiating off the walls and everyone including Tessa was in a much happier place. 

It was Tessa's last few months of school and she couldn't wait to graduate and finally be able to spend more time dancing and being creative. 

She sat up in her room, finishing the last few paragraphs of her report. It was so hard to get a moment of silence in the team 10 house, so when Jake and everyone left to go film a video she decided to stay back and get as much work done as she could. 

Finishing the essay, Tessa laid back in her bed and watched as her silky white curtains danced in the soft breeze that was floating through her balcony door. It was moments like this that she really appreciated everything around her and the life she was blessed with. 

Starting to grow tired, Tessa's eyes begin to close but before she could drift off to sleep,  there was a soft knock at her door. 

A few seconds after that chance came into her room, seeing that she was sleeping he turned around to walk away, but Tessa wasn't asleep anymore.

"Chance?" she lifted her head to see his face

"Hey, I'm sorry  I woke you, i'll leave, you go back to sleep" Chance reaches for the door handle"

"no wait" Tessa sits up "whats up?"

"I just wanted to see how you were going, we haven't really spoken since the other day,  I mean besides texting and I just wanted to see how you were"

Moving her laptop off her bed Tessa gestures for Chance to come and sit next to her "I've been good actually, Erica was right, you and Anthony have just bought this positive energy into the house and the vibe has been so much better"

Chance sits down next to Tessa and accidentally rests his hand on top of hers. The two give each other a quick glance before going back to staring at the floor. There cheeks turn a faint red but neither of them hesitate or move there hand away. 

"I'm really happy you're feeling better, honestly I was really looking forward to getting to know the pretty, bubbly, down to earth girl who is always laughing on Jakes vlogs"

Tessa's Cheeks turn a deep red and her lips are pressed into a sweet smile

"You noticed me in Jakes vlogs"

Chance turns his head towards Tessa "how could I not? There's this glow about you, and when you laugh"  

Tessa looks towards Chance, there eyes meet and there faces only inches apart 

"you're the type of person everyone wants to be around"

There both smiling now and neither of them move away. The tension between them intensifies and Tessa's heart begins to race. Chance slides closer to Tessa and lifts his hand to tuck a stray strand of her hair behind her ear. The space between them is so small if either of them moved even half an inch closer there lips would touch. 

Chance can't take it anymore and goes to move closer, Tessa closes her eyes but just before there lips touch the two are pulled apart by a harsh knock at the door. 

Jumping up Chance yells "come in" It was Anthony "hey we are about to do the best kisser competition, you coming?" 

Chance looks at Anthony and then back to Tessa "You wanna play"

Tessa who is still trying to comprehend what just nearly happened, stands up and heads for the bathroom to wash her face "no its cool, you guys have fun"

Bummed that Tessa didn't want to play, Chance keeps his head down and follows Anthony out the door and downstairs to where Teala and Jake are waiting for them. 

-----------------------------------------------------

The cool water splashes up against Tessa's face, sending shivers down her back. Reaching for the hand towel, Tessa can' stop thinking about what had just happened.  Her mind was extremely puzzled and she couldn't shake this butterfly feeling in the pit of her stomach. Even though she had said no to playing the game and she had no idea what had happened between her and chance. She knew that she liked the way he made her feel and she wanted to be around him. 

Heading down stairs Tessa hears a lot of commotion coming from the lounge area. Turning the corner she sees all the guys huddle around the couch 'oohing' and 'arrhhing'. Wanting to see what the fuss was all about Tessa walks around to sit on the bunk next to Erica and get a better view. She still couldn't find Chance but figured he'd be here soon. 

"Hey whats going on, why are all the guys yelling"  she asked as she sat down next to Erica 

Erica laughed and pointed to towards the couch "just another day in the Team 10 House"

Tessa laughed and looked towards the couch but her smile soon disappeared and was replaced   with anguish. There was Chance. Hands wrapped around and lips pressed right up against Teala. 

It was like she had been punched in the stomach nausea overwhelmed her and her mind which was already confused was reeling with questions.

'It's just a game Tessa', she said to herself 'it's just a game'

But was it.