Chapter Two

Thank you so much for the amazing reads and support! 

.

.

The lacerations turn out to be rope marks based on Harry's observation but what concerns the young doctor the most is the yellowish liquid from her belly button. That is a sign of an infection and the doctor can't help but wonder what truly happened to this little girl.

"Run a blood test and get a head CT. Hemmings, stitch up her head and call me as soon as the results are ready." He said after checking some other wounds on the girl's body.

The young resident nodded his head while taking up his notes, "Dr. Styles, what about the bruises?"

"Run an IV of antibiotics. There's nothing much we can do with those bruises. But Styles, I'm quite worried about the infection on her belly." Owen – the trauma surgeon said.

Harry sighs deeply, "We have to wait for the results but, until then all we can do is wait."

A nurse comes into the trauma room notifying that the girl's social worker is at the waiting area. Harry dismisses the team that is in charge of the still unknown girl and walk with the nurse to the waiting area.

"You are Dr. Styles, I presume? I'm Charlotte King, the social worker." A lady stands and shakes Harry's hand.

He nodded and offers her a smile, "Pleasure to meet you. I'm one of the doctors in charge of the girl's case."

"Ahh, her name is Evangeline Green," Charlotte notices the doctor's confusion and chuckles, "the patient you are treating. That's her name." She explained further.

Harry rubs his hand nervously, "Sorry, I just- Did you know what happened?" That is the question that Harry has been itching to ask.

The blonde woman asks him to sit down next to her as she retrieves a file from her bag. "Her full name is Evangeline Rose Green. She's nine years old and from our records, she's the only child in her family. Her parents passed away when she was three years and she was adopted when she was four but the family gave her away about 6 months ago and she has been in and out of foster care since."

Well, the information blow Harry's mind. The overwhelmed doctor swallows the lump in his throat trying to maintain professional, "So, where's her current foster parent?"

Charlotte sighs, "I have been trying to contact them but no one is picking up the phone. Plus, the agency who was supervising Miss Green before neglects her so, but the state found out and her file has been transferred to our agency just recently – three days ago to be exact. I'm sorry for the lack of information that I have, doctor."

"It's alright. I just wish I can know better about her. I'll try to find any hospital records to see if I can find out more about this little girl." The doctor said before standing up, "Thank you, Miss King. I will inform you if anything happens." He politely shakes her hand before making his way to the nurse station.

Harry ordered one of the nurses to find any records under the name of Evangeline Green and soon he found himself in his office with his files and paperwork. The doctor can't help but wonder what truly happened to the little girl.

His curiosity got the best of him as he found himself making some research about her rather odd behavior.

'Child, animal behavior, abuse" Harry typed on his computer. Multiple results came out some about child abuse but one caught Harry's eyes.

Feral Child.

Psychology is not Harry's strongest subject back in medical school but the symptoms that are described in the article match Evangeline's character. He will have to ask his colleague in the psychiatry department about his discovery.