Important Business

"Honey, I'm home!" I sung out opening the door and letting it slam.

"Amber. Don't go shouting like that! The neigbours will hear you!" My mum chastised me.

"Glad to see you too Mum." I replied grabbing a bananna and walking up to my room.

I lay n my bed, clsing my eyes I listened to Mum growl in frustration, she was working on sending in job applications, she had already had one interview and it was a disater.

I must've fallen asleep because I awoke to The Spice Girls - Wannabe.

"Wei?" I answered using the chinese I had been learning in school to answer my phone.

"Ni hao! Ni hao ma?" I heard the playful answer.

"Ah, Wo Hen Hao." I relplied laghing.

"Yeah, I'm good to, anywho, I was wondering ifIcould like come over this afternoon?" Quin said, catching me by suprise.

"Uh, sure I, guess." I said biting on my the side of my mouth. As long as we wern't loud....

"Okay! Be here in a few."

"Wait! Do you know where I l-" She had hung up.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You better STOP! Before you tear me apart! You better STOP!" We belted out to our microphones, laughing inbetween , our true melodiousvoices concealed by theetrical bursts of singing.

We had been singing for almost an hour now, and we were both exugsted.

The song finnished and we both lay down on the lounge, laughing and panting, a song like that takesa lot of energy.

When we had both stopped giggling I looked across at her, she was so pretty, it made me feel plain.

She had perfect, straight white teeth, short styled brown hair, brown eyes and brown skin. She was gorgeous.

I on the other hand had my extreemly long blondehair, green eyes and I was getting rid of my bracves on Tursday. My teeth had always failed me.

" This is so much funner than sitting around listening to boring Andri* meetings!" She laughed.

I frowned, "What meetings...?"

"Uh, oh my dad has these meetings, for his work." She smiled though it seemed to be to reasure her more than me.

I smiled and picked another song, this time I would excell, she had beaten me in the last three with her beautiful sopranno voice, now was my time to go to alto.

I picked Chasing Cars - Snow patrol. I had sung this song at a performance in year six. I sung it with my best friend, Karrie.

She was back in Australia. The thought made me pause in my progress. It was my turn, but I could only stand, staring off into blank space, remebering a few things here and there, stealing pencils, crying our hearts out at the end of primary school, even though we wuld be going to the same high school.

I felt new tears prick at my eyes.

Quin sniffed and looked at me worriedly, "Whats wrong?"

It was more of a statement than a question.

"Nothing” I answered. “I’ll be back.” I ran up to my room, slamming the door of the bathroom, I broke down into tears. I hadn’t talked to her since I’d told her I left, Karrie was stubborn and she now hated me for leaving her. We were the closest I’d ever been with anyone.

I didn’t know what to do with myself, who to be, my friends were my definition, without them I was nameless, I was a house with no supports, I was an abandoned doll, thrown in the toy box, waiting for someone else to pick me up, clean me up, give me a new name and love me.

I said I was fine, but I wasn’t, I needed someone to give me advice, I needed someone to soak in tears. I needed Karrie.

I didn’t know how long I was there, drenched in my own loneliness, I had so many new people I could talk to, but I didn’t know if they would spread a rumour, or just get creeeped out.

If it were any of my old friends I would’ve told them, spilled my soul out to them. I still had phone calls. But they were stolen by petty conversation, I didn’t dare say anything, it felt as if we weren’t actually talking. It felt like we were restricted from saying anything, as if we were being recorded.

For the first time in my life, I felt truly lonely, lonelier than when Karrie ignored me. Lonelier than when she joined the popular people and made fun of me, lonelier now, because she was gone. They were all gone.

AUTHORS NOTE! WE are so sorry for the short chapter!!!!! The next one is going to be very LOOOOOOONG! I promise!

Signing out. Remember to comment and votee and all that yum stuff!

Good bye and thankyou