Making Moves

It was about 12 o'clock when the boys left. I closed the door with a giddy smile on my face.

" Who were they?" My mother asked semi suspiciously. I wasn't sure if she was joking or being serious.

"Uh, just some guys from school." I answered.

"Do you want some breakfast?" She changed the subject.

"Ah no thanks." I said, regretting all the popcorn I consumed.

I was watching Shrek that night when halfway through, my mother came in, switching off the TV.

"Bed time." She ordered. "You've got school tomorrow, you know."

I grumbled small complaints, but agreed, thinking of last nights sleepless events.

Laying on my bed I picked up my phone. I had 10 new messages.

<3 you.

miss you mwa.

Come home plz!

I wanna move 2 America now!

Call me

You should've seen Gus at school! bahaha! Call me 4 details

how is america?

Dustin misses you :P So do I

Can't you come bak?

The last one caught my attention and I replied almost instantly.

Wanna come to The Bonfire this weekend ?- unknown number

Who is this? ;) - Me

They replied instantaneously .

Kaleb ;) - Unknown number.

I quickly changed the details and added his number to my contacts.

How did u get my number?- me

He didn't answered, so I narrowed my eyes and left a note in my head to ask him about it later.

I lay my head on the pillow and closed my eyes. I slept a dreamless sleep.

When I woke in the morning, I monotonously got dressed, throwing on a printed t-shirt that was draped over my bed and chucking on the same jeans I wore on the first day to school.

I grabbed my bag and walked down the stairs, getting some cereal from the cupboard I sat down and ate, I missed the window I always used to sit in front of, it had a perfect view to the paddock a few f our horses were kept in.

I longed to be in the saddle, I had gone currently two weeks without so much as seeing a horse and thinking of my precious horses I had to sell... I didn't cry, it was already something I'd spent many, many hours crying over and I figured I had to move on.

Hearing my mothers footsteps on the stairs I quickly picked up my bag, grabbed an apple and fled out the door with a quick goodbye.

I didn't want her to see me with tears in my eyes, I didn't want her to feel bad.

I munched on the apple as I crossed the road. I plugged my earphones in and listened to one of my favourite songs. Untouchable by Taylor Swift.

"Untouchable like a distant diamond sky...

I'm reaching out and I just can't tell you why,

I'm caught you..

I caught up in you.