Chapter 22

Infinity's p.o.v.

      "Momma, what are we having for breakfast?", the twins asked in unison as Rachel flipped a pancake. "Pancakes, bacon, eggs, and sausage", she responded finishing up the last of the pancakes and placing them on the table. "Shane, Grey, It's time for breakfast!", Rachel called up the stairs as she fixed a bottle. "Infinity, would you mind feeding Ari, while I go get the guys and fix the boys' plates?", she asked as Parker and Payton came running into the kitchen. "Of course", I responded quickly. Ari had really grown on me, and she was such a good baby; rarely fussing or screaming.
I sat down at the kitchen table and gave Ari her bottle, smiling when her little fingers wrapped around my own. It wasn't long before Parker and Payton joined me and began to scarf down their food. "Morning Princess", Grey came up behind me, quickly leaning over to peck my cheek before grabbing himself a plate. He piled food on his plate before plopping down beside me. "Are you okay, you had a rough night last night?", he whispered his face concerned as his hand moved to rest on my knee. Truth be told, I didn't remember what last night was like but I knew I probably had nightmares and sleeping was becoming increasingly uncomfortable. I nodded in responded to his question and sat the empty bottle on the table.
        Ari was fully awake at this point and babbling away in my lap. "Da da", she chirped pointing at Shane. His face broke out in a grin as Rachel rolled her eyes. "Ha, that's three out of three", He chuckled taking Ari and placing her in his lap. "Technically Parker's first word was car so you're two out of three", Rachel corrected him with a smile. "Hey, I'm still winning though", he laughed as he began to play with Ari. I was excited for the day Grey and I could experience parenthood. "Can you believe it, it won't be long before we have our own little pups", Grey whispered laying his hand on my stomach.
I felt the pups become restless at Grey's touch, they began to stretch and shift. Eventually they settled down even lower in my stomach, they'd been moving down for the past few days, I was not used to this shift in weight and it took me a minute to get my bearings. "Oh, Infinity I think the babies have dropped", Rachel exclaimed excitedly. Grey and Shane had gone upstairs to get our bags and pack the car leaving just us two. "Are you excited to see them?", she asked sincerely as she glanced at the boys, who were playing with their toys. "I am, I can't wait until their here", I responded looking down at my stomach. "Well once they drop usually you don't have to wait long", she winked at me before going off to do the dishes.
This made me nervous, what if I went into labor during the car ride back? What if something went wrong during my labor? What if there was something wrong with one of the pups, or both of the pups? I felt my chest tightening as my anxiety spiked. "Hey Infinity what do you.....are you okay?, Grey asked, quickly moving over and brushing my hair out of my face. "Yeah, I'm fine, I just want to get home", I responded, not willing to admit my fears. "Okay, Well we'll be home in a few hours", he kissed my cheek before going to talk to Shane. I followed him, not quite sure where to go.
I took Grey's hand and leaned against his side as he talked with Shane. "You, Rachel, and the kids should come to our territory after the pups make their appearance", Grey suggested as he shifted to put his arm around me. "That sounds wonderful, Rachel and I will have to work something out", Shane glanced over at me before nodding at Grey. "Well, I guess we're off. It was good seeing you Shane", Grey pulled him into a one armed "man hug". "Same here, and it was wonderful to meet you Infinity. I'm so happy that the moon goddess blessed you with such an amazing mate", he spoke to me first and then Grey.
Shane and Grey nodded at each other before Grey pulled me out to the car and helped me into my seat. He then walked around to the driver's side and climbed in before cranking the car. I waved at Rachel and Shane until Grey turned around and I couldn't see them. anymore. "So...what did you think about Shane and Rachel?", He asked biting his lip, something I'd learned meant that he was deep in thought. "I thought they were wonderful, and the pups were so much fun", I responded as I looked out at the crystal clear water  of the lake beside us. Grey startled me when he laid his hand, that wasn't on the wheel, on my stomach. "I don't tell you this enough, I'm so proud of you and I love you very much. You've come so far from the scared girl who wandered into my life", he glanced over at me before returning his eyes to the road.
"Oh...Grey....I love you too", I responded feeling tears well up in my eyes. I took his hand and laced our fingers together, not quite sure how I felt.  Before I knew it I'd drifted into a peaceful sleep, still clutching his hand.
            .............................................
       "Infinity, Infinity wake up Princess. We're home", Grey gently shook me awake. "Oh, I'm sorry...I didn't mean to fall asleep", I yawned as he helped me out of the car. "It's okay, I think you needed it", and with that, he leaned down and pressed his lips to mine. The kiss was full of our love and adoration for each other. "Man, I'll never get over how much I love you",  he kissed my forehead before leading me into the house.
          I wrapped my arms around Grey's waist and attempted to hug him, but my stomach made it difficult. "Are you hungry or anything", he asked stroking my hair. My stomach answered before I could, growling loudly. "Dinner coming up m'lady", he chuckled in a mock posh accent, heading to the kitchen to cook. I wandered into the living room, wrapped myself in a soft blanket, and sat down on the couch to watch some mindless TV.
It wasn't long before Grey appeared beside me with a tray of food. He'd fixed chicken fajitas, my favorite food for him to cook. The sentiment almost made me burst into tears as he sat down beside me and threw his arm around my shoulders.
..........................................
I'm sorry, I know this chapter is not very interesting and not much happens but I've been in a bit of a rut lately. I just got over surgery for appendicitis and that's left me tired. Once again I'm so sorry and I promise it'll get better.