Countryside (Descriptive)

Original question: Describe the country side.

Whilst trotting down the snaky rutted path, I paused brief moment to admire the marvellous landscape. The reason why I decided to take a walk along the scenic countryside was to kick stress out of my head and the evergreen pastures I was marvelling at was sending the stress flying.

It was dead-quiet except the interminable chirping of birds that created artistic musical notes echoing in the mountain range. It soothed my anxious mind and incinerated any thoughts about my upcoming exams. White cows with blots of black chewed the knife-edged grass leaves lazily, as though they had all the time in the world. Time! The sky was taking on an apricot tint as the mango-yellow sun started to hide behind the formidable mountains. The mountains were ginormous! From this distance they looked like perfect conical structures with an iridescent turquoise hue that elevated it's magnificence. It was topped with a vanilla frost of ice that made my taste buds excited as I remembered the ice-cream I savoured in the afternoon. The copses of birch wood trees pinned the vast expanse of the farmland onto the rocky terrain. Their barks made me cringe as it reminded me of the sponge-dry scab I got on my face after sliding across the field in school.

The sky took on a grey shade almost like an artist's painting with clouds dabbed on it and stars that glittered like jewels. A farmer was harshly whipping his cows back into their barn as they 'moo-ed' and raced past the overgrazed land. Houses lit up like candle flames on the farmland and the nocturnal bats were out to conquer the night yet again. I dreaded their sight as it reminded me of all the 'blood-sucking' vampire movies I watched as a kid. The sky got coal dark now — with only shimmers from stars like diamonds hidden within igneous rocks. I had to head home. I swayed my body away from the landscape and ambled back along the rutted tracks. The only difference being that this time my head was filled with dreadful thoughts about my incomplete homework and a sleepless night.